Vital People are currently recruiting Order Pickers on behalf of our client, a well known & established leader in the logistics & distribution sectors. Our client has recently gone through a huge organisation change which has reinvented them as an employer in the local area.
Are you looking for a new career where full training is provided and is on hand on site 24/7, 7 days a week as well as much overtime you could ask for? Then this is the job for you!!
All these position's are temporary to permanent as we understand job security! You will begin as an Order Picker then once you have established this position, should you choose you may move around this logistic giant and gain training on all other departments as well as LLOP & FLT Reach trucks to become a multi-skilled operative.
No experience is necessary as all training will be provided.
Night shift: 7pm-7am, 4on 4off. Pay rates £11.65 per hour
Initially, your role will include:
- Picking orders by hand in the department using voice controlled headsets
- Driving LLOPs around warehouse in a safe
- Stacking pallets or cages with required items
- Wrapping pallets and transporting it to the correct location in the warehouse
- Ensuring orders are processed on time and within KPI's
- Relocating stock
The ideal candidate will:
- Be committed to the role long-term
- Work well in a team
- Have a desire to learn and progress within the company
- Have experience in a similar environment
- Have a reasonable level of written & spoken English
Our client offers multiple opportunities for progression within the team and also across other sites which are available to all staff.
- On-site Vital People Representative & 24.7 Account Manager contact line
- 28 days holiday pay, accrued pro-rata
- Pension contributions, for eligible workers
- Overtime bonuses and incentives as well as performance bonuses
- Weekly pay - every Friday!
- Full training provided
- Job security, temp to perm position
- Free car park
- Canteen providing reasonably priced hot and cold food (as well as microwaves/fridges)
- Caring and considerate employer
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.