Job Details What you will do
Under broad supervision, responsible for timely and accurate preparation and delivery of the organization's union employee transactions. This includes the preparation, documentation and disbursement of the union employee time sheet adjustment(s), deductions, and company contributions. How you will do it
What we look for
- Responsible to ensure the timely and accurate preparation and submission of the employee union benefits, rate change calculations and retro pay calculations, etc.
- Ensures appropriate withholding of federal, state, and local income taxes, and works directly with payroll operations on any temporary tax withholdings from employees.
- Responds to all inquiries relating to payments and benefit calculations for union employees to union halls.
- Executes and reviews payroll reports to determine the funding amounts to unions for employee benefit payments on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that payments and remittance information are sent to the unions per the agreed upon deadlines each month.
- Coordinates and executes all activities relating to year-end bonus payments and other year-end activities impacting employees.
- Provides customer and stakeholder support for issues that arise including problem resolution along with mitigation of issues on a go-forward basis.
- Provides appropriate reports and other information as needed/requested. Including handling of audits related to unions that are specifically assigned to union reporting team member(s).
- Adheres to and complete all activities related to SOX and internal control compliance.
- Performs other tasks/duties as assigned.
- Degree in business related discipline (Business, Accounting, Finance, HR, etc.), or the equivalent of combination of education and work experience
- Minimum of 3 years hand on experience in payroll processing and associated activities
- Knowledge of collective bargaining agreements and other union employee related documents
- Knowledge of Workday HCM and Payroll system preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll tax
- Must be a customer-focused, self-driven, results-oriented individual with good attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong skills in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Where legally permissible, if hired, candidate is required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 no later than his/her start date, unless candidate has a valid medical condition or sincerely held religious belief precluding he/she from receiving the vaccine.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law. To view more information about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a candidate, visit EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit here.