Type of Requisition:
Regular Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + Polygraph Public Trust/Other Required:
None Job Family:
The Unified Communications Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of Unified Communications systems. They will be expected to:
- Provide expert level analysis of voice, video, and integration with data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites.
- Plan network layouts and configures systems for user environments.
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements.
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- May provide technical support and troubleshooting to users.
- May perform network administration duties.
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel and may have supervisory responsibilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Meet with various customers to determine strategic video and telephony needs
- Maintain proper documentation of systems configurations, to include drawings and standard operating procedures
- Review reports and logs for problems and identify appropriate solutions to include developing work flow for lower tier support levels
- Provide primary and backup support in maintenance of Video and UC hardware and software
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience
- 10-15 years of directly related experience in network analysis and design
- Experience in Voice and Video Engineering, Infrastructure including
- Design, Maintenance, Support, Deployment, Implementation, Systems Engineering
- Advanced knowledge in Cisco Unified Communications Systems, CUCM - Cisco Unified Communication Manager - Cisco Unified Call Manager, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Voice DR, VoIP, Voice Engineering, Video Conferencing and Collaborative Tools, integrating video into Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Prime Collaboration Cisco Voice and Video Collaboration Systems, Cisco Voice Cluster, Cisco Voice DR
- Experience with Cisco Data Networking switching and routing but expertise is in Voice, VoIP, and DVTC
- QoS Quality of Service
- Cisco Unity Connection
- Streaming Video
- Tandberg and Cisco Video devices including end points and Mutli-point Control Units (MCU)s.
- UCCX - Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- UCCE - Cisco Unified Customer Contact Enterprise
- CUCME - Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express
Must have and maintain an IAT II Certification
Must have at least one:
Requires TS/SCI and ability pass and maintain CI Poly (we will help secure poly)
- Cisco CCIE Collaboration
- CCNP Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional Voice
- CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Associate Voice
- CCVP - Cisco Certified Voice Professional
- or similar network certification
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
The likely salary range for this position is $117,774 - $176,661, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
Our benefits package for all US-based employees includes a variety of medical plan options, some with Health Savings Accounts, dental plan options, a vision plan, and a 401(k) plan offering the ability to contribute both pre and post-tax dollars up to the IRS annual limits and receive a company match.To encourage work/life balance, GDIT offers employees full flex work weeks where possible and a variety of paid time off plans, including vacation, sick and personal time, holidays, paid parental, military, bereavement and jury duty leave. To ensure our employees are able to protect their income, other offerings such as short and long-term disability benefits, life, accidental death and dismemberment, personal accident, critical illness and business travel and accident insurance are provided or available.We regularly review our Total Rewards package to ensure our offerings are competitive and reflect what our employees have told us they value most.