Administrative US Permanent Full Time
About UsZoic Studios is an Award winning VFX company made up of accomplished artists and producers who understand story, process and relationships. Partnership, integrity and enthusiasm are our key founding principles. We have three locations, Los Angeles, New York City and Vancouver, Canada. Recent credits include Sweet Tooth, For All Mankind, and Moon Knight.
Zoic Studios is seeking a payroll specialist for its Culver City location reporting directly to the Accounting Manager.
- Collect and review timesheets for payroll.
- Enter new employees, activate rehired employees and/or terminate employees in ADP.
- Administer payroll and resolve employee payroll issues for our US employees.
- Coordinate with ADP and multi-state/local tax agencies to make sure the tax withholdings for employees and taxes that belong to employers obligation are transmitted and filed in a timely manner.
- Work with HR to reconcile employee benefit programs.
- Data entry, ad hoc reporting and special projects worked on with the accounting and HR departments.
- Assist in preparing payroll related documents as inquired by external parties, such as workers compensation carrier, government, insurance broker and etc.
- Conduct record retention.
Qualities we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
- Professionalism and the ability to maintain confidentiality,
- Experience working effectively within a small tight knit team
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with the utmost accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely using both verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and be solution-oriented.
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant experience processing payroll.
- Payroll process experience with ADP Workforce is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations and requirements governing payroll is preferred.
- Strong sense of ownership on tasks assigned
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and working knowledge of QuickBooks desired
- Remote work accepted, studio based in Los Angeles
- Candidates located on the west coast of the U.S. or the ability to work Pacific Standard Time preferred
- Zoic does not cover relocation costs
- Zoic Studios Los Angeles and New York participates in the eVerify program
- This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned
- Due to the volume of applications we receive across our different openings we regret that only those selected to interview will be contacted
Starting Hourly Rate: $25/hr.
Benefits: We offer competitive compensation and benefits, such as medical, dental, vision, vacation, paid holiday, paid sick days subject to 90 days of probationary period, and 401k match subject to 180 days of probationary period.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest, we are not able to support work visa for this position at this time.
Powered by JazzHR