We are working with a leading provider of Travel Health services in the UK who have been established for over 25 years, assisting thousands of people to ensure they leave prepared health-wise for their Holiday. They are recruiting for a permanent full time or part time Travel nurse to join them in their clinic in Cardiff .
Travel Nurse Job Role:
The role requires you to undertake COVID testing and comprehensive Travel Health Consultations on a daily basis. You will deliver risk assessments, administering advice, vaccinations, malaria prophylaxis, medical kits and other travel medicines within the framework of Clinics Patient Group Directions You will maintain accurate client records on the clinics CMR system. Ensuring good communication between your clinic team and clinical operations manager and maintaining safe clinical services. The role requires you to consistently deliver a high standard of customer service to the clinics clients. You will work towards expected levels of practice as per the RCN Travel Health competencies and development framework 2018 and used within context of meeting revalidation requirements.
Travel Health Nurse Duties:
- Undertake Covid Testing for Travelers and Businesses in a Covid Secure Environment
- Interpret test results and providing clients with Certificates for travel or work purposes.
- Provide travel health risk assessments and advice to clients in the travel clinic.
- Administration of vaccines, antimalarial tablets, medical kits and medicines under a signed Delegation of Authority according to the Patient Group Directives for the Travel Clinics.
- Reporting of any adverse effects of vaccines to the Lead Nurse / Medical Operations manager
- Advising 'high risk' clients appropriately liaising with Nomad's Doctor/Head Pharmacist when required.
- Disseminating information pertaining to changes in vaccine regimes/ vaccines being used or any other medical matters to Lead Nurse / Clinical Nurse Trainer / Medical Operations Manager.
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times.
- Work within the clinics guidelines and policies to ensure smooth running of the clinic.
- Undertake an internal Structured Training Programme of Travel Health training with Clinical Nurse Trainer
- Attendance of professional study days.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- Registered Nurse/NMC PIN
- 1 year + of Acute Hospital Background (UK)
- An interest in Travel Health medicine (Essential)
- Foundation/ Diploma in Travel Medicine (Desirable)
- Able to problem solve on their feet
- A good communicator across a multidisciplinary team
- Experienced in venepuncture - desirable but not essential as all nurses starting will be given venepuncture training if needed.
- Able to manage and prioritise in the clinic, always putting the client first.
- Available Monday to Saturday
Apply Today To Secure A Quick Interview!