- Responsible for maintaining constant surveillance on the telemetry monitors.
- Responsible for promptly notifying the Registered Nurse with any changes in the patients heart rhythm.
- Records patient s heart rhythm hourly and as changes occur.
- Runs telemetry strips for the Registered Nurse based on policy and procedure.
- Notifies nursing staff promptly when there is an interruption in the telemetry signal.
- Provides daily inventory to maintain the correct number of transmitters and lead wires.
- Handles confidential information on a regular basis, usually of a medical nature (diagnosis, etc.).
Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification Required:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Successful completion of telemetry education and competency completion within 6 - 12 weeks of hire. Must maintain competency thereafter.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, lift, squat, bend, and twist frequently throughout the workday.
- Must have functional speech, hearing and vision.
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and radiation hazards.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.