Eagle Way, Hampton Vale, Peterborough, PE7 8BF
Hampton College is an established, successful, all-through school, which formed its own multi-academy trust (Hampton Academies Trust - HAT) in 2014. The Trust is also the education provider for the neighbouring secondary school, Hampton Gardens School and Hampton Lakes Primary School, which opened in September 2019. In 2020, Dogsthorpe Infant School joined our trust. HAT schools have very close links and some shared staff.
Hampton College currently serves the community of Hampton, on the southern outskirts of the city of Peterborough and has good links to Cambridge and Stamford. Hampton Gardens School serves the neighbouring Cambridgeshire village of Yaxley, as well new housing being added to the Hampton East development, where Hampton Lakes Primary School is located.
Required September 2022
TEACHING ASSISTANT (LEVEL 2) - various Full /Part time positions available
We are currently looking for Level 2 Teaching Assistants to join the Achievement Support team, supporting students in the Secondary Phase of the College. For this position, you will need to have some previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant in a similar role. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about working with young people and helping them to achieve their full potential. Part time applications will be considered, please include your preference on your application. However, please note that due to current staffing levels we will require afternoon hours.
Hours of Work
8.15am - 3.30pm (with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break)
32.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday, term time only
Salary (Grade 6)
Full time salary (37 hours/52 weeks per year) from £20,444 to £22,571 per annum (FTE)
Actual salary (32.5 hours/term time only) from £14,917 to £16,469 per annum (pro rata)
What we can offer you in return:
- A fantastic working environment where students are enthusiastic and want to learn. All our Hampton schools have modern buildings and all HAT sites have light and airy classrooms, outstanding facilities and are situated at the heart of the community.
- We value our staff and recognise the importance of providing ongoing training opportunities. As a growing Trust, we are also able to offer opportunities for promotion and fresh challenges as new roles arise regularly within the Trust.
- Our active Staff Wellbeing Group creates an effective channel for staff to be heard, and underpins our commitment to cultivating a supportive working environment which allows staff to flourish and achieve their full potential.
- Our extensive induction programme supports staff every step of the way, and our buddy system gives new staff a supportive and knowledgeable mentor.
- Full access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme, which is designed to help staff deal with any personal or professional problems. Staff have access to free legal advice, medical information, counselling sessions, online self-help tools, factsheets and the wellbeing portal.
For further details, please visit the Hampton Academies Trust website
Closing date: 9:00am on Monday 19 September 2022
Please note that we reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date
Hampton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).