Overview Student Nurse Internship (Starts May 15-July 21, 2023) UnityPoint - Home Care & Home Hospice Full-time hours, Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm over 10 weeksOur area of impact across Iowa includes: Cedar Rapids Des Moines Dubuque Fort DodgeQuad Cities Sioux City Waterloo
One credit class with tuition reimbursed by UnityPoint at Home. 10-week hourly paid position. Customizable internship tracks available in select locations.
OBJECTIVES Build strong professional relationships with clinical team members. Gain confidence in performing technical skills. Develop clinical judgment skills and priority setting.
Transition to Nurse Residency Program: Those that successfully complete the internship would be considered apreferred candidate for the nurse residency program. Residency program includes a commitment to work one year (12 months)in a full-time status as a Registered Nurse at Unity Point at Home. Cost of NCLEX prep course and testing reimbursed by UnityPoint at Homeif intern commits to Nurse Residency Program.Why UnityPoint Health?
- Culture At UnityPoint Health, you Come for a fulfilling career and experience a culture guided by uncompromising values and unwavering belief in doing what's right for the people we serve.
- Benefits Our competitive Total Rewards program offers benefits options like 401K match, paid time off and education assistance that align with your needs and priorities, no matter what life stage youre in.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Commitment Were committed to ensuring you have a voice that is heard regardless of role, race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.
- Development We believe equipping you with support and development opportunities is an essential part of delivering a remarkable employment experience.
- Community Involvement Be an essential part of our core purposeto improve the health of the people and communities we serve.
Visit us at UnityPoint.org/careers to hear more from our team members about why UnityPoint Health is a great place to work.
UnityPoint at Home (UPaH) comprehensively cares for people in theirhomes who are coping with illness, injury, end of life care needs, orpost-operative healing. Our experienced, multidiscplinary team worksclosely with people and their providers to design and implement personalizedplans of care that address the specific needs and goals of every patient.
UnityPoint at Home (UPaH): Provides adult and pediatric home care, home medical equipment retail andservice, and specialty pharmacy and infusion support. Partners with people and their families to provide end-of-life hospice services. Collaborates with acute care facilities and clinics to create seamless transitions
PREREQUISITES Current enrollment in an accredited ADN, BSN or Accelerated Program (either entering 4th year of BSN Program or last 2 terms of ADN program) Current LPN enrolled in ADN or BSN program GPA 2.5 on a 4.0 scale Current AHA BLS Card- Professional Provider Submit proof of state approved Certified Nurse Aide Course (CNA) All interns are required to be enrolled in a nursing course during the duration of the internship
APPLICATION MATERIALS Accepted January 1 - March 31, 2023 UnityPoint at Home Application - UnityPoint at Home Recommendation Form completed by two school of nursing faculty members UnityPoint at Home Letter of Intent that answers: 1. What influenced you to pursue a career in nursing?2. Why are you interested in the Nurse Internship Program?3. Where do you see yourself in five years? Deadline for application materials: March 31, 2023 Late or incomplete applications will be automatically disqualified.