Company DescriptionJob DescriptionStrategy and Execution Lead, US MedicalAbout This Role
The Strategy & Execution (S&E) lead is a strategic partner within Biogen, who will take a lead role in owning and managing critical operational aspects of US Medical. The S&E Lead's role focuses on two key objectives: The primary objective is to support strategic planning and execution of plans for their assigned Therapeutic Area (TA), in partnership with that TA's Head. The secondary objective is to support the overall strategy and execution efforts for all of US medical, in close collaboration with the Head of S&E.
The S&E Lead is a critical member of the assigned TA leadership team and reports to the Head of Strategy and Execution. They organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to facilitate decision making and serve as the primary strategic liaison between the TA Head, other members of the TA LT, members of the USMLT, Global Medical Teams and the US cross functional teams. Within this role, the person is expected to provide oversight and guidance to critical operational activities (e.g. decision support (AOP, ICP), audit readiness, meeting execution support, onboarding, project management, etc.) both across their TA and other areas within US Medical. This role also serves as a key partner with Medical Operations worldwide network to drive consistency in approach across all of Biogen Medical. Biogen's priority is to continue to foster and enable a diverse and inclusive workforce - representing age, gender, sexual identity, race, ethnicity, Veterans, and people with disabilities - that reflects the communities where we operate and the patients who we serve.What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Be a Trusted Strategic Partner to the US Head of Multiple Sclerosis & Immunology (MS&I), including proactively highlighting business critical risks/opportunities, and planning and directing the most critical organizational, financial, and operational activities.
- Support building the overarching US MS&I strategy / plan in close collaboration with US Head of MS&I and MS&I LT members, to ensure alignment and execution of the assigned targets
- Having a deep understanding of business acumen, as the responsible person for financial oversight of the US MS&I budget, from development through execution, working closely with MS&I LT, finance, and Head of S&E to ensure US MS&I stays within +/- 5% of annual target. The role may also require additional financial oversight of other US Medical areas.
- Project / Program management, including identifying, supporting, and leading continuous improvement efforts in order to reduce barriers to execution throughout all TAs and functions within US Medical
- Develop presentation and communication materials, in collaboration with US Medical leaders, in a clear and visually appealing manner suitable for sharing with different levels of the organization and / or externally
- Responsible for ensuring US Medical stays on track to annual and long-term goals through supporting regular US MS&I and US Medical reviews, MS&I LT meetings, and Extended USMLT meetings
- Orchestrate the Integrated Customer Planning (ICP) process within US TA here (meetings, communications, collaboration), help drive Medical input into and well as integrate from the x-functional Global and US Organizational ICP strategies
- Direct operations related activities, in partnership with the Global Medical Operations and Effectiveness team, including external engagements (e.g. ad boards, medical forums, and other KME interactions) and internal activities (e.g. contracting, audit readiness, material review, etc.)
- Manage information flow and ensure appropriate communication cascade among the matrixed medical and x-functional organization, including monthly board of director updates
- Ensures alignment and integration with US affiliate and global medical teams through regular touchpoints and leading / participating in business critical workstreams
- Drive a strong culture and environment that will foster accountability, teamwork and mutual trust and respect for all team members
You have strong leadership skills, knowledge of biopharma industry standards and practices and experience in Program Management and Business Process. While you hold accountability above all else, you must also possess the ability to generate enthusiasm, the ability to quickly gain trust and respect of peers and senior leadership and have a track record of successfully driving results through strong partnership with others.Qualifications
- BA / BS required
- 5+ years of relevant experience e.g. Medical Affairs, Pharmaceutical Operations, etc.
- Proven business acumen (e.g. business degree, MBA, or previous role(s) proving business acumen development) including financial planning
- Complex Program Management including very strong organizational, timeline management and leadership skills (including influence without formal authority)
- Excellent social competencies and ability to work in a highly matrixed organization effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills and strong ability to build and cultivate internal and external networks
- Ability to take core Medical and business content and present it in a clear and visually appealing manner suitable for sharing with Biogen executives and external leaders
- Sound medical-scientific knowledge
- Proven track record of holding self and others accountable
- Strong ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner with strong ability to identify critical issues before they reach a crisis point and to timely develop and implement action items
- Excellent analytical, strategic thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent command of computer skills (Excel, Outlook, Word, Power Point, etc.)
- Masters, PhD and/or MBA highly preferred
- Worldwide Medical / Medical Affairs functional knowledge preferred
- Experience in therapeutic areas of specialty and in rare diseases preferred
- Experience in long-range financial planning
- Change management experience highly desired
- Is open to and generates new innovations and embraces digital solutions
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients' lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thriveAdditional Information
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.