The Role & Key Responsibilities
Location: Monmouth, Wales, UK
Have you got stock control and management experience with exposure to managing a number of finished product and raw materials? If so, we have an opportunity for you!
You will have responsibility for ensuring that the value and quantity of all stock items are accurately recorded in SAGE 200, working closely with production, purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch teams to ensure that all necessary processes, procedures and functions are carried out correctly, and that all necessary controls are in place to manage stock movements.
Some of the key areas you will have responsibility for include:
- Develop the company's stock management strategy with the aim of controlling costs within budgetary limits, generating savings, rationalising inventory and maximizing available working capital
- Manage and maintain raw materials and finished goods including stock profiles and stock locations
- Minimise overstock and removal of redundant raw materials
- Ensure slow moving stock lines are addressed and actioned
- Oversee incoming raw materials ensuring they are received and stored correctly
- Ensure Bill of Materials (BOMs) are updated and held within accounting software accurately
- Run regular stock/material audits
- Produce weekly/monthly and as required stock reports
- Recommend continuous improvement opportunities
To be successful in this role we are looking for the following:
- Experience of stock control and manual stock take processes ideally with exposure to fast moving items
- Experience with conducting stock audits ideally for finished goods and raw materials
- Excellent communication skills with ability to influence key stakeholders and provide business updates for area of responsibility
- SAGE Accounting/SAGE 200 experience would be desirable
- Previous experience of working with Bills of Materials would be desirable
This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys having ownership and accountability within their role. So, if this sounds like you or something you may be interested in then we would love to see your application!
Due to the nature of being with the products and working with production this role is an onsite role at our manufacturing facility in Monmouth Wales.
About The Company
The Future is Five Star
NAF is the leading equine supplement brand in the UK. We are quickly becoming the first choice for horse owners and riders in Europe because we are passionate about our products and passionate about our animals. Our mantra is "for the good of every horse" and this is lived through our customers being owners and riders at all levels and in all disciplines across the UK and Europe.
Being Five Star is at the heart of everything we do, as the only official suppliers to Team GBR of care and supplements we are renowned for the highest levels of quality and commitment to Clean Sport.
We are excited to have joined the ABAGRI portfolio who are a growing, innovative business and we value diversity and different ways of thinking to keep moving us forward. ABAgri is an equal opportunity employer, assuring equal treatment to all. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people.
We are united by our family values that represent who we are, how we work together and how we help our customers.
- Pioneering - Curious, spirited and bold. We lead, the right way.
- Excellence - We seek excellence in all that we do.
- Growth - We create ways for our people and customers to thrive.
We are part of Associated British Foods (ABF), a diversified international food, ingredients and retail group.
Making your application
Ready to apply? Great! Simply register your details and upload your CV via our careers website - it usually takes just a few minutes. Please do not delay making your application. In the event of a high candidate response to this vacancy we may close the application period before the date shown and without notice.
As part of your application we ask you to answer some equal opportunities questions that help us to monitor how inclusive our recruitment process is and identify areas we can improve in. This information is anonymised, separate from your application and is never seen by the hiring panel. You can choose not to answer these questions with no impact on your application.
ABAgri group politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We have a PSL and do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them