Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion. Purpose of Position
This position supports the Ohio plant controller in various closing, reporting, inventory management and business planning activities for the New Philadelphia and Gambrinus Roller Plants. Will support and conduct daily, weekly and monthly forecasting, budgeting and reporting activities as well as to conduct analysis of variances and their causes. Will communicate results and analysis with Plant Controller, the Plant Management Team and Timken corporate, as required.
Candidate will be split time each week between the facilities in Canton, OH (Gambrinus Roller) and New Philadelphia, OH. Essential Responsibilities
Technical/Functional Skills Required
- Coordinate plant efforts for labor reporting, scrap and inventory reporting activities.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of annual budgets and product cost standards for plant product lines and part numbers.
- Assist in cost savings studies in support of continuous improvement plan activities.
- Assist Controller in daily, weekly and monthly financial accounting closing processes.
- Provide cost information to processing departments, as required.
- Produce monthly reports for Controller, plant management and corporate requirements.
- Complete periodic audits and cycle counts to ensure proper adherence to financial policies.
- Work with plant personnel to correct and analyze errors and misreporting.
- Provide assistance in reviewing and analyzing weekly and monthly cost data.
- Assist plant controller in establishing cost center and product rate within corporate practice guidelines.
- Work independently to complete tasking and communicate results, as required.
- Support Controller and complete tasking in his/her absence.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility to travel locally between Ohio plants as required.
- Microsoft Office
- OneSteream Application (preferred)
- SAP and Business Intelligence (preferred)
- Strong analytical and variance analysis/root cause analysis
- Strong communication skills/team player
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting with at least 4 years finance and/or accounting experience, preferably cost accounting
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Join one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - an honor we've received ten times.
The Timken Company designs a growing portfolio of engineered bearings and power transmission products that improve the reliability and efficiency of global machinery and equipment to move the world forward. Timken posted $3.8 billion in sales in 2019 and employs more than 17,000 people globally, operating from 42 countries.
Why Choose Timken? Over a century of knowledge and innovation A culture of top performance A global, diverse environment Products that contribute to a sustainable world A conviction to improve communities around us Competitive salary and benefits
Not Ready To Apply?
Stay connected by joining our network and we'll keep you informed about upcoming events and opportunities that match your interests.
Talent Community Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Operations Manager, Plant Manager, Accounting, Business Intelligence, Financial Analyst, Operations, Manufacturing, Finance, Technology