We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
The Lead Developer/Manager will be part of Data Science Platform team and will assume ownership over Python Data Science research platform. You will work closely with internal business users, technology users, and vendors in driving the vision, integration, and delivery of our Notebooks-based platform into PIMCO ecosystem. Position Requirements:
- 10+ years of professional experience, at least 4+ years of Python experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent. A higher degree in Computer Science or engineering is desirable.
- Strong hands on experience in Python across multiple platforms required
- Docker experience required, AWS exposure preferred
- Intermediate SQL/Database Query experience required
- Strong analytical ability to learn independently from the code / reverse engineer
- Ability to work well independently and in cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office