Sr Lead SCO - Equipment & Dealer Finance Description
At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. Were investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve peoples lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, were a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth. Work Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY. Job Description Summary
Responsible for facilitating and supporting the bank's objectives to increase earning assets while maintaining quality standards by approving or declining commercial and/or real estate loans, wealth management LOC's and by working closely with assigned units to negotiate and structure highly complex credit arrangements. Lending authority is generally $10 million or less. Generally supports one geographical area and/or one industry specialty, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc. Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Facilitates commercial and/or real estate loan originations, equipment finance and/or dealer finance loan originations, wealth management LOCs by working with line officers in structuring and development of loan proposals to meet the customers or prospects needs while conforming to bank and regulatory requirements. Makes joint calls as needed.
- Reinforces adherence to bank underwriting policies and procedures and growth, quality and profit objectives through the loan approval process.
- Implements and reinforces policies and procedures to comply with fundamental business and credit priorities of the bank.
- May conduct training classes on new or updated procedures.
- Assists in monitoring compliance with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes pertinent financial and credit data and makes final credit decisions (approval or declination) within signing authority. Recommends to higher level of authority if appropriate.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors on regulatory issues of quality and on related trends.
- Assists in identifying and managing troubled assets and potential troubled assets in assigned area.
Qualifications Required Experience
- Provides guidance to line offices as applicable on identification and management of classified and/or troubled loans.
- Follows commercial loan risk ratings or Real Estate/ Wealth Management credit policies and procedures to ensure maintenance of a quality loan portfolio.
- Performs reviews of specific portfolio composition and quality as assigned.
- Interacts with line units and service centers, operations, accounting, appraisal, legal and other related bank personnel.
- Keeps informed of competitors rates and loan programs and recommends appropriate changes to current bank programs and rates.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience
- May have Equipment Finance and/or Dealer Finance experience
- May have knowledge of project management
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience
Annual Hiring Range:
- Thorough knowledge of commercial and/or real estate lending policies, practices, documentation, and legal and regulatory requirements
- Thorough knowledge of financial statement, business, industry and economic analysis
- Complete understanding of syndications, capital markets, and other highly complex lending facilities
- May require specific industry knowledge in more than one industry, i.e.. agribusiness, real estate construction, etc., or knowledge of numerous complex geographical areas
- Analytical and research
- Bank product and service knowledge
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Use personal computer
- Planning and organizing
$104,000 - $165,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022. Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for Annual incentives.
- The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidates geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. Job:
Risk Management Location:
United States-Arizona-Tempe Other Locations:
United States-Wisconsin-General WI, United States-North Dakota-General ND, United States-Georgia-General GA, United States-Nevada-General NV, United States-Wyoming-General WY, United States-Minnesota-General MN, United States-Michigan-General MI, United States-Ohio-General OH, United States-California-San Francisco, United States-Florida-General FL, United States-Arkansas-General AR, United States-Oregon-General OR, United States-Washington-General WA, United States-Oklahoma-General OK, United States-New Mexico-General NM, United States-Texas-General TX, United States-Illinois-General IL, United States-North Carolina-General NC, United States-California-City of Industry, United States-Utah-General UT, United States-California-San Ramon, United States-Nebraska-Omaha Requisition ID: