***OFFERING A $2500 SIGN-ON BONUS***
- Performance and implementation of Speech Therapy programs for patients in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with established departmental and professional standards and procedures.
- Performance of diagnostic evaluations in a thorough and timely manner in accordance with established departmental and professional standards and procedures resulting in clinically accurate diagnoses.
- Daily Operations
- Understanding the impact of managed care on provision of ST services.
- Participation in professional development.
- Speech Language Pathologist
- License-eligible in the state of Illinois
- Current BLS certification CFY eligible
- Masters degree in Speech Pathology from an accredited school. Maintains continuing education requirements as mandated by professional standards
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Good interpersonal skills and communication
- Competent knowledge in a variety of diagnostic and treatment techniques Recognition of needs and behaviors of specific age groups
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Required to work weekends, holidays and/or early evening hours as assigned based on department needs.
- Direct contact with chemicals and bodily fluids
- Ability to assist, escort, transfer, and respond to patient needs for extended periods of time
- May be exposed to hazardous chemicals and life threatening disease off campus locations, as assigned
- This requirement supersedes any previous lifting requirement effective 08/01/2014. Ability to lift up to 35 pounds without assistance. For patient lifts of over 35 pounds, or when patient is unable to assist with the lift, patient handling equipment is expected to be used, with at least one other associate, when available. Unique patient lifting/movement situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.