Follow the plan, deliver excellence.
At VolkerWessels UK people come first. Joining us means joining one of the UK's largest multidisciplinary engineering and construction contractors, delivering a vast breadth of innovative projects, and offering endless opportunities to grow.
The Site Engineer is an integral member of the Site Operation Team, they play a key role in ensuring that the best use of all resources is available to provide maximum return to the Company.
The Site Engineer is expected to act in a responsible and professional manner at all times maintaining good working relations with site management, client and our chain of subcontractors, suppliers and designers and with the general public. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Be fully aware and understand the requirements and implications, to yourself and others, of the company's current health and safety, environmental and quality policy.
- Assist the bid team in the methodology of the works for inclusion within the tender.
- Undertake level survey to accurately attain ground levels for establishing levels for tendering purposes.
- Agree programme of works with site management and ensure early action to avoid delay and minimise problems.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are managed responsibly and are consistent with the aims of the client and company-with specific regard to HSEQ impact and time.
- Ensure employees, have received adequate training and information about the activity they are required to undertake.
- Supervision of compaction operations recording dates, material type, source, layerthickness, compaction equipment, number of passes etc.
- MEng/BEng/Foundation Degree/BTEC/ Degree in Civil/Building Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 years of varied site experience in Civil/Building Engineering.
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.
We believe in pushing boundaries in the pursuit of equality, diversity, and inclusion. So, our teams can be comfortable that, whatever their background, VolkerWessels UK is a place where they can be themselves and thrive