Working for a large, well established manufacturing business in Plymouth with high-end Machine technology. The purpose of the Setters are to set and operate Machinery by tool changing, tweaking programs and changing Jigs & fixates, working to tight tolerances.
Hours of work available:
Monday to Friday rotating - Salary £24,131.00 to £25,228.00 DOE
Monday to Thursday - Salary £38,438.00 to £40,185.00 DOE
- To read and understand engineering drawings & Specifications to set tooling/Jigs & Fixtures.
- To adjust and tweak programs.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Sign off 1st batch.
- Work alongside quality to ensure reduced waste.
- Use Vernier's & Micrometers.
- Support the running of machinery and ensure coolants/oils are topped up at all times.
- Ensure any breakdowns are reported immediately to supervisors and maintenance team.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Previous experience as a Setter is essential.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent Maths skills and use of measuring equipment is a must.
- Able to develop strong effective relationships with all departments.
- Excellent attention to detail and organised.