DC445 - Service Engineer - Site/Workshop Location - BelfastSalary - £Competitive DOEOverview:First Military recruitment is working in partnership with our client to recruit a Service Engineer to join their Service Centre team in Belfast.The Service Engineer's role is mainly Field Service activities with onsite removal, installation, commissioning, and fire set servicing, with travel required on a regular basis, sometimes at short notice, to sites in NI and ROI. The role will also include workshop duties/repairs as required.Potential candidates will need to obtain/pass a Basic Disclosure Certificate and Access Northern Ireland checks.Duties and Responsibilities:Servicing, installation, and commissioning of varying types of rotating equipment including Pumps, Gearboxes, Diesel Engines, Turbines, and Fans.Compile detailed condition inspection reports.Fault finding on equipment returned to the workshop or during site attendance.Understanding and working to Engineering drawings.Interpret maintenance manuals of both OEM and Non-OEM equipment, utilising specialist knowledge and standard test instruments and tools.Liaise with Project Engineer, Engineering, Quality, Sales and clients to resolve unusual problems encountered.Rebuild equipment in-line with defined work scope.Provide regular support to the onshore Field Service team and occasionally as a second person to the offshore team.Present a professional image, whilst supporting and promoting brand values at all times.Carry out all work practices in line with company Health & Safety Policy.Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.Meet high standard of cleanliness and housekeeping.Provide and share best practices relating to practical activities/skills.Take leading role relating to Service Centre work.Communicate with clients during workshop witness visits.Contribute to the achievement of department KPIs. Skills and Experience:Essential:
- Time served Craft Apprenticeship or relevant qualification to NVQ Level 3 or 4 (A-Level to HNC or equivalent).
- Strong workshop background with experience of aftermarket services for the service and repair of pumps, valves, & other rotating, equipment including API range.
- Good understanding of diesel engine operation.
- Extensive knowledge of non-OEM rotating equipment.
- Command of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good problem solver.
- Self-motivated and confident.
- Practical and highly adaptable.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to work within company policy and procedure.
- Valid UK driving licence.
Desirable (training will be given):
- Understanding of electrical circuits and schematic drawings.
- Working knowledge of low and medium voltage industrial control panels.
- Strong background of diesel engine servicing and repair.
In return our client offers:
- A competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Company vehicle, laptop, and mobile phone.
- 39 hours per week: Core hours 08.30 to 17.00 Monday to Thursday, 08.30 to 16.30 Friday.
- Overtime paid above 39 hours: Saturday paid at 1.5, Sundays and Bank Holidays at double time.
- Pension Scheme (enhanced rates of contributions when 3 years of service has been reached).
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Cash Plan Health Care.
- Insurance for DIS.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays.