WHO WE ARE:
Talend, a leader in data integration and data governance, is changing the way the world makes decisions. In order to compete and win, IT and business leaders need data that they can trust and understand instantly. Talend Data Fabric is the only platform that seamlessly combines an extensive range of data integration and governance capabilities to actively manage the health of corporate information. This unified approach is unique and essential to delivering complete, clean, and uncompromised data in real-time to all employees. It has made it possible to create innovations like the Talend Trust Score , an industry-first assessment that instantly quantifies the reliability of any data set.
Over 7,250 customers have chosen Talend to run their businesses on healthy data. Talend is recognized as a leader in its field by leading analyst firms and industry media.
We pride ourselves in our values of Passion, Agility, Team Spirit, and Integrity. Every one of our 1,400 employees brings a certain je ne sais quoi that makes Talend special.
Talend is looking for a SeniorTechnical Product Marketing Manager to join our growing team based at the Redwood City global headquarters. We've been a leader in our space for years, we're innovating quickly and growing even faster. We hire the best talent, regardless of where you live.
In this role, you will help us define our product narrative, rethink how we present Talend value propositions through internal and external presentations, create compelling content and map our products and use cases in new innovative ways, interact with analysts, and inspire our technical field to become great storytellers.
The successful candidate will be a collaborative and supportive team player. They'll be an invaluable partner to their colleagues at Talend and have a passion for world-class marketing. If this sounds like something you'd be passionate about, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES & IMPACT
Some of the responsibilities that this role will own:
• Roadmap support. Work closely with Product Marketing and Product Management to support roadmap development by bringing your field knowledge and customer insights to the table.
• Launch planning & execution. Leverage your relationship with Product Management and your deep understanding of the product roadmap to drive a companywide launch program. You will help develop launch narratives in collaboration with your Product Marketing teammates, build executive leadership consensus, and navigate the organization to land our messages and strategy successfully.
• Technical product messaging. Collaborate with your Product Marketing peers to align solution messaging and positioning to our products, features and capabilities. Leverage your technical and business skills to build the right narrative for our technical use cases.
• Presentation and demo delivery. Host webinars, speak at user groups and conferences, and educate Talend's solution engineers and salespeople with your infectious enthusiasm and energy.
• Technical analyst relations perspectives. Support analyst engagement and lead technical assessments and surveys for inclusions in quadrants, waves, and other analyst research.
• Being a great teammate. . . . And you're good with virtual interoffice silliness too.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• 5+ years' experience in sales engineering, technical consulting, technical marketing, or product marketing at a high-tech software company, or similar.
• Curious mindset and eager to learn.
• Technical skills to quickly learn Talend and adjacent technologies, and familiar with public cloud vendors and our ecosystem of partners such as AWS, Databricks, Microsoft, Snowflake etc.
• Creative thinker that can generate innovative technical marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution.
• Dynamic, confident personality with ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals.
• Proven ability to speak in front of internal, external, and global audiences.
• Strong skills in communication, writing and ability to work well cross-functionally.
• Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively.
AND NOW, A LITTLE ABOUT US:
Talend has received some pretty impressive accolades along the way:
- 7,250+ global customers rely on Talend for their data health
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 7th year in a row)
- Named a Leader for Data Integration Tools by Gartner (for the 4th year in a row)
- Named a Leader in The Forrester Wave : Enterprise Data Fabric (for the 2nd time in a row)
- Top 100 best Leadership teams 2022 by
- CEO named a 2020 Top Diverse Leader by the National Diversity Council
- Ranked in the DBTA "100 Companies that Matter Most in Data"
We are passionate about helping companies become more data driven; and, if we can be honest, we are all geeks at heart who pride ourselves on the vibrant company culture that we have built.
As a global employer, Talend believes our success depends on diversity, inclusion and mutual respect among our team members. We want to look like our customers, and we recruit, develop and retain the most hardworking people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of business need, merit, capability and equality of opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us via email to request an accommodation at . We appreciate your interest in Talend.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies
Talend SAS and its affiliates ("Talend") have an internal recruiting, or talent acquisition, department ("TA"). Talend may supplement this internal capability from time to time with assistance from temporary staffing agencies, placement services, and professional recruiters ("Agency"). Agencies are hereby specifically directed NOT to contact Talend employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. To protect the interests of all parties, Talend will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Talend, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Talend mailing address, fax machine, email address or any other means, directly to Talend employees, or to Talend's resume database will be considered Talend property and therefore will NOT be liable for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by an officer of Talend or his or her designee. No other Talend employee is authorized to bind Talend to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies. Talend hereby specifically rejects, and denies any liability under, any agreement purporting to be accepted based on negative consent, negotiation with a candidate, performance, or any means other than the signature of a Talend officer.