Role: Senior SQL Developer
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2FA - Office Based
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: Negotiable dependent on experience & Bonus Scheme
What will my role look like?
Our IT Team is expanding and we have an opportunity available for a Senior SQL Developer! In this role you will suggest, create and maintain SQL objects and mentor the Junior SQL Developers within the team.
What would my main responsibilities be?
- Check, troubleshoot and correct data import and export activities daily
- Communicate to the team and business on any issues and delays
- Suggest/Maintain/Create SQL objects such as tables, views, stored procedures, scripts, functions, triggers
- Suggest/Maintain/Create SSIS packages according to the business needs
- Maintain/Create documentation
- Work with the BI team and other teams to provide accurate and complete Data and to maintain Data quality/integrity
- Mentor Junior SQL developers
- Open and able to adapt to new technologies related to Data storage and Data transfers
Got what it takes?
- Experience of working with transactional databases and data warehouses
- Experience of designing and developing database schema/ objects whilst following good practices (such as normalisation)
- Excellent knowledge of the SQL Database Engine
- Strong T-SQL knowledge
- Strong experience using SSIS for diverse ETL processes (import/export data through files, emails, SFTP, APIs etc )
- Excellent performance tuning skills (experience of Query Tuning, Index Optimisation, Locking etc.)
- Experience with SSRS and PowerBI appreciated
- Excellent communication and documentation skills for technical audience
- Ability to work in a team environment with people of different skills and share knowledge with juniors
Who are EG Group?
EG Group is a leading global independent fuel station and convenience retail operator with operations at over 5,600 sites across Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, North America and Australia.
The Group has enjoyed significant growth, with 2019 revenues in excess of €20bn (surpassing €25bn including the full year impact of acquisitions). The Group provides grocery, merchandise, fuel and food service to consumers through partnerships with global brands including Starbucks, Subway, Spar, Greggs, KFC and Burger King.
What's in it for me?
EG Cares is our benefits & rewards scheme, it's our way of saying thank you to our EG family in recognition of the continued support and commitment you deliver every day.
Competitive Annual Leave - We know our employees work hard so we offer competitive annual leave allowances so you can enjoy well deserved time off work!
Work Anniversary Awards - We appreciate how loyal our employees are and to say thank you we reward colleagues when you hit milestones!
Employee Discounts - You will be entitled to 15% off our food-to-go brands and 10% our retail stores, not only this our EG Cares platform entitles you to exclusive discounts at a variety of clothing / retail stores, restaurants, cinemas and much more!
Free Parking - We have free onsite parking at our Head Office in Blackburn which is safe and secure with 24hr CCTV!
Waterside Cafe - With the opening of our new head office we are revolutionizing lunch time with a state of the art employee area for colleagues to relax, dine and unwind. In house Chefs will freshly prepare meals from a large menu incorporating a variety of different cuisines which will change daily, and meals will be provided at incredibly low prices!
Cycle to Work Scheme - We care about your health and encourage employees to cycle to work, we can help you save money on a new bicycle!
Employee Assistance Programme - Telephone counselling and confidential support for personal / legal / medical / health and wellbeing issues is now available 24/7 for our employees through our EG Cares Employee Assistance Programme!
Death in Service -At EG Group, we believe employees can be their best when they feel supported and have benefit plans that give them security and peace of mind!
Learning & Development - We are committed to helping you develop new skills to be the best version of you!
Our People - You will work alongside our amazing employees, have fun and be a part of our family!
Free Eye Test - As a valued EG Employee you will be eligible to receive a free eye examination every two years!
Progression & Career Opportunities - We look to promote and progress our employees within the business and we are very passionate about internal progression! As the business expands it opens new opportunities for growth the opportunities really are endless with Euro Garages
Compassionate Leave - We care about our employees and offer 3 days paid compassionate leave