The starting salary for this position is £29,291 per annum based on a 36 hour working week, PLUS an ADDITIONAL 50% of pay for all hours worked between the hours of 8pm - 8am, and for all hours worked on weekends and bank holidays.
Are you ready to start a new and exciting career looking after and caring for children in one of our children's homes? Do you hold a Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) level 3 diploma or direct equivalent? We are looking for staff who have the enthusiasm and creativity to enhance and improve children's lived experiences. In return, we can offer you a rewarding and fulfilling career with clear career progression and opportunities.?We are committed to on-going professional development and offer a wide range of training courses that support you to learn and develop skills throughout your employment, to build on the knowledge and experience you already have.
As part of an exciting transformation programme, we have a number of Senior Residential Worker roles available in our children's homes in Guildford, Woking, Cobham, Redhill, Tadworth and Knaphill.
Most of our homes look after children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties such as trauma and attachment issues and child exploitation but we also have specialist facilities such as our Extended Hope Service that provides short stays for children and young people in mental health or emotional crisis.
Other specialist facilities cater for children and young people with learning and moderate physical disabilities on a permanent basis whilst our Applewood service offers a respite service by providing short breaks, day visits and overnight stays for children and young people with a range of disabilities.
Working directly with children and young people you will provide good quality day to day care and support. You will ensure the smooth running of the home and that Children's Homes Quality Standards are met. You will be creative, playful and able to build meaningful relationships with our children and young people and will have empathy, resilience and a good sense of humour!
You will already have obtained your Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent and will have proven experience in residential care or relevant experience which enables you to take responsibility for leading a team and/or in a particular area of responsibility.
You will understand the complex issues faced by children in care but most important is you are enthusiastic, reliable and flexible in your approach to work, as hours worked are on a rota basis. You will need to be prepared to work evenings, weekends, bank holidays and sleep in duties. For this commitment we will reward you with an additional, generous unsocial hours payment.
As a Senior Residential Worker you will:
- Build relationships with children and young people so they can grow and thrive
- Co-ordinate, promote and engage in activities and holidays with children and young people
- Lead in a particular area of responsibility
- Use your knowledge of the children and young people to create meaningful care plans
- Work in partnership with other professionals and agencies
- Write reports and keep detailed records
To be shortlisted to interview your application will clearly evidence:
- A proven ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with children and young people, their families and professionals involved in their care
- Great communication with good verbal, IT and written skills
- Knowledge of the issues that affect children and young people, including trauma, attachment, and contextual safeguarding and an ability and preparedness to recognise and deal appropriately with conflict
- Demonstrable competence in contributing to effective assessment, risk management and strengths-based care planning
- Resilience with a positive and adaptable approach to work
- Commitment to the working pattern of the role, which includes weekends and unsocial hours
- Have Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Hold a Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent
- Be at least 22 years of age to meet our legal obligations and you will need to hold a current driving licence
If you feel you have the passion, enthusiasm and transferable skills to enhance the lives of our children and young people, if you already hold a level 3 diploma in Residential Childcare (Residential Worker) or equivalent and want to join us on our exciting journey then we would love to hear from you!? Additional Information
For an informal discussion please contact Laura Hoyles by e-mail at .uk or Scott Hampshire-Jones at .uk.
This is a rolling advert and applications will be reviewed regularly. If your application is successfully shortlisted, we will be in touch to arrange an interview. Interviews are held on a weekly basis.