VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies.
Due to growth, we are now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join the business, to work on a new infrastructure project in Hampshire.
Reporting to the Project Manager on site, the Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for all commercial and contractual matters on the site allocated to them and should be able to effectively manage surveyors and or assistant surveyors to successfully deliver that project.
- Ensuring there is effective cost management of the project through regular and accurate forecasting and cost/value reporting.
- Lead and manage the procurement process to maximise profit and ensure subcontract orders are placed on time and in accordance with the company policy. (including references taken, suitable levels of HSEQetc)
- Monitor and maximise cash flow.
- Support, advise, develop and train all members of the site team on commercial matters.
- Mentor and develop the surveyors within the specific project team.
- Be aware of the contractual requirements of the project, advise the site team on key requirements and ensure that all notices and other matters are actioned accordingly to protect VFL's contractual position (Main, Sub-Contracts and consultancy agreements)
- Act and ensure others are acting in VFL's best commercial interests at all times.
- To act professionally at all times and promote the company's best standards and practices
- Monitor and chase Main Contract payments
Skills & Experience
- Undertaking an accredited course by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) or the Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors (ICES).
- Relevant HND subjects include building/construction, urban and land studies, civil engineering and structural engineering.
- A degree in QS and relevant experience obtained
- Significant on-site experience of maintenance contracts
- Experience of onsite measures
- NEC form of contract and subcontract conditions
- Managing others
What We Offer
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.
VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.