Senior PR and Communications Manager
Salary: £34,000 - £38,000
Location: Newcastle city centre
Purpose of the role:
A destination marketing agency for Newcastle and Gateshead that aims to promote the area as a world-class place to visit, live, learn, work and invest is looking for a Senior PR and Communications Manager. The role is responsible for overseeing the organisation's PR outputs and taking a strategic and delivery lead on key projects, including external PR consultancy work.
- Generous annual leave entitlement (25 days, plus bank holidays, increasing to 27 after 2 years' service)
- Enhanced occupational sick pay
- Eyecare vouchers
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
- CIPR membership and ongoing CPD training
- Flexible working
- Employee Assist Programme
- Solid understanding of media relations, capable of turning complex topics into compelling content.
- Create content for a range of audiences within strategically important sectors across corporate services, property, tourism, life sciences, creative, and digital and tech.
- Collaborate and engage with a wide range of regional, national, and international audiences and stakeholders.
- Secure investment and destination coverage, managing a programme of proactive PR, drafting content issuing press releases and identifying new opportunities.
- Project management of key trade shows and exhibitions across the UK, Europe, and Asia.
- 5 years' experience in a busy PR and communications environment.
- Experience using key social media platforms and tools.
To apply for this role of Senior PR and Communications Manager, click 'apply now' and one of the team will be in touch.