About this Opportunity
As a Senior Financial Analyst (Operations Financial Planning & Analysis), you'll lead specialized finance-related activities in support of multiple/large projects and functions or major business units/product lines. Your area supported will be a major element of the organization's business/operations. You will develop and/or oversee the preparation of highly detailed and complex analyses and research for financial forecasts, projections, and reports. Your assignments will typically provide exposure to the most complex financial concepts, issues, and activities.What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you . . .
Sound Like You?
- Conduct activities in accordance with GAAP and established Herman Miller guidelines.
- Confer with leadership and internal business partners on unusual issues/situations and in identifying reporting requirements.
- Coordinate, oversee, and liaison with Herman Miller Finance, both domestic and international.
- Develop and independently implement work strategies to achieve desired results.
- Influence business decisions by effectively forecasting, preparing, and presenting financial forecasts.
- Lead activities in support of multiple/large projects and functions or major business units/product lines.
- Leverage extensive internal and external contacts at all levels in the organization.
- Take responsibility for the review, evaluation, and negotiation of existing and new financial services or products utilized within the corporation.
- Provide support on special projects as they arise, such as business acquisitions, divestitures, or new products.
- Provide professional mentoring to less experienced team members.
- Summarize financial performance, identify key performance indicators, and facilitate action plans to address significant risks and opportunities.
- Work with cross-functional areas to identify and implement continuous process improvements.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
You might be just who we're looking for if you have . . .
- A Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or an equivalent field. A CPA, MBA, or CTP/CCM is preferred.
- Six or more years of professional finance experience.
- Highly developed and thorough knowledge and expertise in the Finance area of specialty, resulting in the confidence to advise, influence, and partner with various groups to affect change, guide business decisions, and identify reporting needs.
- Well-developed interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills to analyze problems and generate new ideas and solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to identify, define, and resolve complex problems, projects, and programs, as well as the ability to identify trends and issues.
- A proven ability to accomplish desired objectives and outcomes by influencing individuals at all levels, including internal and external management.
- A demonstrated ability to establish and implement policy and procedures in key areas.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and manage projects.
- A demonstrated ability to use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently used in the Herman Miller office environment, including a thorough understanding of financial software, Herman Miller information systems, data warehouses, and Business Intelligence tools.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger. Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We're committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.