What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
We are looking for an experienced Investment professional specialising in Indian equities to join M&G. The opportunity has arisen as M&G's investments in the Indian market have continued to grow materially. The successful applicant will work closely with a senior India fund manager and contribute stock ideas to global, regional and country portfolios. M&G's investment approach is based on bottom up, fundamental analysis, where the key drivers of the business are modelled simply and effectively. The key time horizon for any investment is in excess of one year.
Key Work Level Accountabilities: Manager or Expert:
- For people managers, accountable for managing and motivating others to ensure quality of delivery to customers and stakeholders
- For technical specialists, accountable for delivering expert advice or service, using specialist knowledge and subject matter expertise
- Applies judgement to deliver outcomes, evaluating a range of potential solutions, considering the impact for customers, cost and risk
- Manages conflicts that may impact delivery
- Challenges upwards given knowledge of delivery and awareness of complex systems and the broader picture
- Identifies and anticipates need for changes to continuously improve quality and efficiency of output
- Manages resources and risks using expert judgment, know-how and experience
Key Responsibilities for this role:
- Develop and curate an investment universe of stocks, where over time you have generated sufficient insight to enjoy a superior perspective in pricing risk surrounding those names
- Generate independent, high quality stock investment ideas that add alpha to country, regional and global portfolios.
- Be a key participant and contributor to the Asian equity team, the global M&G equity team and the wider M&G investment business including Fixed Income
- Communicate ideas effectively through shared written work in a concise and agreed format with the wider team. Contribute verbally within team and wider meetings. Sharing written work in a timely and efficient manner is especially important.
- Work effectively with your colleagues to share insights and know-how and in the process contribute to our positive and inclusive team culture
- Always act in a regulatory complaint manner and always uphold the highest standards of business and personal ethics
- Act as an ambassador for M&G Investments in all interaction with colleagues, clients, counterparties and corporates
Key Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of having either buy side or sell side experience with at least 8 years' of relevant industry experience
- Curious, open-minded, and an excellent technical analyst. Strong modelling skills a key requisite.
- Ability to think laterally and creatively to generate his/her own investment ideas
- Team player
- Fluency and high proficiency in English, Hindi and ideally an additional Indian dialect to support the relevant markets
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things
At M&G Diversity and Inclusion is a strategic objective. We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationally, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements for any of our roles.