SEN Teaching AssistantJob Type:
Temp to PermLocation:
Monday to Friday - term time onlyAs the exclusive recruitment partner of the Cornwall Association of Primary Heads, We are currently working with a number of SEN Schools in and around the St Austell area who are who are looking to recruit SEN Teaching Assistants / SEN Support Workers. The schools caters for children aged 2 -19 who all have special educational needs/complex learning difficulties. This will involve working with small groups of children who need extra support, one to one mentoring and supporting the class teacher with preparing for and managing behaviour in lessons. This position will end up being a permanent role for the right person. Ideal candidates will have:
Main Purpose of the job:
- A passion for supporting children who face challenges in education
- Experience / knowledge of traditional SEN - ADHD, ASC,ASD, MLD, PMLD, Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Downs Syndrome, Dyslexia, 1:1 work
- Have a caring, patient, and empathetic personality who is confident in dealing with challenging behaviour
If you are looking for a long term permanent position and have the relevant experience for this role, please click apply now
- To take a pro-active role in the support of the educational, social and physical needs of the pupils; to support the curriculum and the school through the provision of assistance to the teacher in the practical organisation of class activities and small group work.
- To meet the needs of pupils with specific needs for learning support in relation to severe physical, learning and complex behavioural difficulties.
Applicants holding a qualification in Childcare are welcome as are SEN Teaching Assistants with experience in school settings. Relevant experience working in a care setting is also acceptable."We are committed to safer recruitment and promoting the welfare of children.All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Please note: We will not pay for new DBS checks, this will be billed directly to the candidate"