SEMH Teaching Assistant
South West London
We are in need of a teachign asssitant who can work with pupils who have been excluded from the mainstream setting but are doing well in a social emotional mental health setting. This SEMH school will need a person who has worked in a previous job that has helped people from all walks of life.
Pupils at this school will display challenging behaviour, they will be demotivated and need a positive role model in the class to help them focus on the tasks at hand and they will be from disadvantgaed backgrounds - therefore a strong minded and patient natured teaching assitant will be welcomed.
Previous backgrounds of line of work are welcome:
- Caregiver/ social worker working with: people with learning and physical disabilities
- young offenders
- the elderly
- people with mental health conditions
- school non-attenders
- the homeless
What you will need to be successful for this role
- A DBS certificate on the update service or you will need tp pay £46.00 to pay for a new Enhanced DBS.
- An Over Sea's Police check in place - if you have lived outside the UK for 6 months or more within the past five years, we will require a national police check from those countries.
- Experience with SEN/ SEMH settings
If you feel you are suitable for the role with your experience and/or work history contact Dilek on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'