SEMH Design Technology (DT) Teacher
Are you a qualified DT teacher with an empathetic approach, and a passion for supporting children with mental health needs? Do you have strong behaviour management skills, and the ability to relate to children with SEMH and ASD/ASC needs? Are you ready to take the next step in your career, in to an exciting and passionate special educational needs school? If so, Academics have the perfect Design Technology teaching role for you!
- QTS required with Secondary Food Technology specialism ( role with KS2, KS3, and KS4)
- Affinity for children with SEMH needs
- Experience working with children with Autism, ADHD, and Mental Health needs
- Ability to plan, teach, and assess to GCSE standard
- Committed to raising the aspirations of children with mental health requirements in an SEMH school
- An effective communicator, with children, parents, and colleagues
- A team player, able to work collaboratively
- Pastoral capabilities, including contributing to EHCPs
- Adaptable and proactive; you must be able to react to the events the day could throw at you!
- Professional at all times
About The Job:
- An ongoing long term cover role to start in ASAP
- Working in a small, successful, SEMH school
- Supporting high aspirations and achievement for SEMH pupils
- Academics are an established and respected education recruiter, covering the region
- Generous rates of pay
- A dedicated SEN Consultant
- A large number of schools exclusive to Academics
- Honest and friendly service
- Access to our 'Refer a Friend' scheme
What do our teachers say about us?
- 'I feel like I finally found agents who were kind, considerate, looked out for my best interests and cared about my welfare'
- 'Your dedication to finding the right place for people is evident'
- 'You have given me plenty of opportunities and from you I have met some wonderful people'
Does this sound like your next career move? If so, or to discuss in more detail what opportunities we can provide, send your CV over or give us a call!
Is this role not what you're looking for? We are constantly in need of talented education staff to fill a wide variety of positions. Please send your CV over or give us a call and we are happy to discuss our opportunities with you!