Pupil Referral Unit (PRU)
Newham, East London
EXPERIENCED SEMH Teaching Assistants REQUIRED!
We are looking for TA's with SEMH experience or who have a background with counselling or mental health. this is an exciting role where you will be supplementing your knowledge with the support of the class teacher and other TA's, learning mentors and the SENCO.
This role is an ideal match for TA's who are wishing to expand their expertise and be immersed into new settings.
This school cater for SEMH and ASD needs, and you must be prepared to work with ages 4-19.
You must have:
- An Enhanced DBS on the update service or be willing to pruchase a new one!
- Understanding and willingness to work with pupils with special needs ranging from complex behaviour needs, Social Emotional and Mental Health, on the autistic spectrum as well as medical issues
- Patience, resilience, a good work ethic and a willingness to learn.
- To educate the 'whole child' through a bespoke approach to leaning as pupils are offered an individualised curriculum where they can be: supported, inspired and challenged with the aid of their Teaching Assistant
- Helping with smooth transitions with the class teacher
- Resilience to the upmost as well as a dedicated mindset
You will be involved in a range of duties in the class, holding a large but rewarding amount of responsibility in the PRU.
If you feel suited and would like a more rewarding job role where you will also feel valued working, please put in an application to Dilek .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'