** This position is eligible to work in a hybrid work model (combination of in-office and remote days). **JOB SCOPE
The Security Specialist II responds to abuse complaints against customers; performs security and customer support services; and reports on status or existing customer security programs. Ensures consistent treatment of customers accused of violating Charter's Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) regarding High Speed Data customer services. Interacts with the customer base to assist in resolving security incidents and concerns.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for response to abuse complaints against customers; perform security and customer support services
- Enforces security policies and procedures by administering and monitoring security profiles, reviews security violation reports and investigates possible security exceptions, updates, and maintains and documents security controls
- Responsible for the tracking and monitoring of security programs
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures
- Translates high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications
- Participates in the evaluation of products and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness
- Provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues
- Educates the business about security policies and consults on security issues regarding user built/managed systems
- Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all IT projects with regard to security issues
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, and / or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years of Engineering work experience
- Minimum two (2) years of Network Security Operations experience
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communications in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and applications, security issues, techniques, tools and implications
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively and work in a team environment, sharing workloads and responsibilities, at times taking a lead role
- Produce metric reports on security initiatives
- Customer service oriented
- Understands a sense of urgency
- At least one of the following: Network+, advanced degree, or equivalent certification
- Experience with investigation of security incidents, understanding of application vulnerabilities, experience consulting with users on AUP Violations, security incident response and security policy, and interaction with law enforcement agencies on security incidents or breaches.
- Experience with development of security tools and analysis of logs and network data collection.
- Familiarity with developing/maintaining security policies, procedures, and incident response activities.
- Advanced knowledge of current and emerging security threats and vulnerabilities
- Working knowledge of IT security protocols and standards, commercial and open source network security products and services and best practice
#BI-Remote ISE355-APO 322611 322611BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a salary range of $44,600.00 to $71,200.00
. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.