Tip-Top Brain is currently hiring knowledgeable, reliable, and compassionate SAT and ACT instructors to join our team.Job Brief:
We are looking for a committed teacher/tutor to complement our qualified workforce of educators. It will be fundamental to provide knowledge and instruction to students in all subjects of the SAT and/or ACT by developing engaging and interactive lessons, while also helping them develop their test-taking skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate for the job with an ability to reach out to students and create a relationship of mutual trust. They will know how to organize and manage a class and make learning an easy and meaningful process. The goal is to help cultivate the students' interest and test-taking abilities and be their dedicated ally in the entire process of learning and development.Responsibilities:
- Actively listens and checks for understanding and adjusts communication content and style to meet the diverse and distinct needs of his/her students, by using a variety of activities and instructional methods to motivate and stimulate children's abilities.
- Instruct students in group and private settings in all subjects of the SAT and ACT.
- Work closely with the Center Director and center staff to meet students' academic goals.
- Assess students performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the necessary skills on regular basis.
- Develop SAT and ACT lessons content and update lessons.
- Keep detailed records of each student's sessions using our student progress records and/or relevant forms.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced and provide academic and curriculum support to the center teaching team when necessary.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate feedback with respect to student's progress.
- Builds immediate rapport with students and invites participation and makes students feel that their participations are valued.
- Bachelor's Degree (in Mathematics, Science, English, Education, or related field) or higher is preferred; However, current college students pursuing their degree in education are highly encouraged to apply.
- AP-level knowledge in English/Math is a plus, but not required.
- Experience helping youth navigate college and scholarship applications is a plus.
- ACT or SAT scores in 90th percentile or higher on diagnostic test in your content area or on composite score (ACT: 28+; SAT: 650+ content area or 1300+ composite).
- 2+ years' relevant experience (both Math and ELA/Verbal) teaching in a classroom setting
- Ensure that classes meet all educational, performance, and organizational goals.
- Highly skilled, motivated, versatile, dependable, and dynamic individuals with strong communication skills who are friendly, patient, and sensitive to the needs of a diverse student population.
- Able to work independently, and multi-task is a must, and must have great classroom management skills.
- Manages the learning environment with a student-centered focus, and sets challenging goals and high standards.
- Maintain current knowledge base and proactively seeks to stay up to date in subject area(s).
- In-person: Available weekdays afternoons and weekends is a must. This is not a 9-5 position.
- Comfortable using Zoom and Google Meets for online.
- Excellent working conditions, in a friendly and supportive environment.
- Competitive salary (commensurate with experience) and chance to develop professionally and grow with our company.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Internship/volunteer work and letters of recommendation are available for the right candidates.
We look forward to hearing from you soon and getting you on board with our team!