Apply for this job now
Sales Engineer II
- Folsom, California
- Job Type
- 7 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Sales Engineer II The Sales Engineer II serves as the primary technical resource for the Outside/Inside Sales Team. The Sales Engineer II is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and implementation stages of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for all products. Support Sale Engineer I.
The Sales Engineer II shall be responsible for adhering to the following core values:
• Communicate, actively share knowledge and information
• Accountable, take ownership and responsibility for making, keeping and answering for all commitments to each other and our customers
• Respect, show respect for all
• Cooperate, work as a unified team
• Passionate, passionate about providing employees and customers innovative technology solutions through continual personal and professional growth.
EXAMPLES of ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties listed are examples of of work typically performed by an incumbent of this position. An employee may not be assigned all duties and may be assigned duties which are not listed herein
1. Collaborate with outside/inside sales teams to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of company products, and to provide sales support.
2. Confer with customers and coordinate with Inside Plant and Outside Plant engineering to assess equipment needs, and to determine system requirements.
3. Develop, present, or respond to proposals for specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses and industry specific solutions.
4. Identify up sale opportunities and support them to achieve sales plans.
5. Plan and modify product configurations to meet customer needs. 6. Prepare and deliver technical presentations with supporting documentation that explains products or services to customers, prospective customers, and internal support staff personnel.
7. Document account activities, generate reports, and keep records of business transactions with customers and suppliers.
8. Provide material, labor cost and Scope of Work information to sales teams in support of sales proposals to customers. Follow procedures and processes to close jobs.
9. Provide project management over site during product implementation planning and execution activities to address budget, staffing, timelines, and quality assurance.
10. Work with engineering staff and field personnel to ensure infrastructure requirements are met and documented.
11. May be required to monitor the activities of contract personnel and keep supervisor and management apprised of contractor's progress.
12. Attends in-house and outside schooling or meetings, requiring travel by car, bus, plane, or other means for extended periods of time.
13. Serves as Duty Supervisor as assigned.
14. Recognizing that job safety is a primary objective in all duties, attends and participates in company safety and training meetings.
15. Drives company vehicles in accordance with company standards.
16. Communicates and interacts effectively with co-workers, supervisors, managers, contractors, vendors, and the general public.
EXPERIENCE and/or TRAINING: Any combination of training, education, and experience that would provide the required skills, knowledge, and abilities needed to perform the assigned duties of the position. A typical way to acquire the required skills, knowledge, and abilities is:
• Completion of the requirements for a bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline field is preferred.
• At least five years of progressively responsible practical experience in Sales Engineering.
• CAPM Certification (Certified Associate of Project Management)) is required
• Specialized data or voice systems engineering training or related work experience in telecommunications, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Job Reference: 706390486-2
- Date Posted: 7 September 2022
- Recruiter: GPAC
- Location: Folsom, California
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Sales & Marketing
- Job Type: Permanent