Safety Systems Auditor
Location: Hopewell, PA
Join a fast-paced and energetic workplace where you can build a rewarding career!
With more than 40 years of transportation experience, PGT Trucking Inc. is a leader in flatbed shipping solutions with the best drivers, mechanics, and office talent in the industry.
If you are interested in becoming part of our team, there are a few things you should know:
- You will have PURPOSE. Transportation and logistics are critical to the economy, commerce, and society; and every person working in the supply chain plays a vital role.
- You will GROW. Your job will expose you to areas outside of your comfort zone, like economics, mathematics, technology, international law, and customer relations. PGT offers in-house training programs and supports education to evolve your role.
- You will be CHALLENGED. No two days are the same in the transportation industry, and the dynamic nature of the work makes for a challenging and fulfilling career.
Did we spark your interest? Read on and learn more about this role: Summary Of Responsibilities:
Monitors and encourages compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations through auditing of required documentation submitted by drivers. Provide training to drivers regarding the rules and regulations on the proper completion of all required documents. Provide technical assistance on installation, use, and troubleshooting operation of Electronic Logging Devices. How YOU Will Make an Impact
What YOU Need to Succeed
- Audit driver logs for completeness and accuracy, comparing logs to other supporting documentation including but not limited to fuel receipts, weight tickets, inspections, accident reports.
- Alerts MGMT for the appropriate course of action for the problem .
- Confirms inspection documentation .
- Prepare and maintain DOT-required roadside inspection files.
- Provides initial training and technical support for drivers on routine Electronic Log Device issues.
- Conducts a portion of driver orientation as related to driver logs and safety policies.
- Provides instruction on federal hours of service limitations and daily duty status record maintenance for drivers.
- Identifies violations that can be challenged and follow federal procedures to improve our safety profile in the FMSCA.
- Software support, interact with vendor and driver in troubleshooting and training on ELD hours of service application.
- Data acquisition and error checking of ELD-generated records.
- Assists in replacement of defective ELDs authorized by vendor and reviews vendor data on ELD for device tampering.
- Review and critique roadside observations and videos. Discuss positive/negative issues found.
The PGT Advantage
- Incredibly strong attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to performs other related duties as required by business necessity or assigned by management.
- Confident in their ability to make quick decisions.
- Possess the ability to work closely with other employees in the operations department.
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- Physical presence in the office is required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- Must have the ability to handle high levels of stress.
- Able to comprehend and perform basic technology within a tablet and cellular device.
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance
- Paid time off and holiday
- Company matched 401k
Let's put your expertise into action, because whether you are behind the scenes or behind the wheel, it takes a TEAM to keep America moving! We are PGT. Join us! Equal Opportunity Employer
PGT Trucking Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.
Aliquippa, PA 15001 Beaver County