We Are Hiring:
Sign-On Bonus Available: This role is eligible for a $10k sign-on bonus, provided you successfully complete all pre-employment requirements subject to the terms and conditions of the offer. Experienced OR RN 1+ year experience. Current and Former associates of six months or less are not eligible.
Title: Registered Nurse
Schedule: Full-Time, Day Shift (+call 30 min)
Hospital: Ascension St Joseph Chicago
2900 North Lake Shore Drive
Chicago, Illinois 60657-5640
Ascension Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago
Overlooking beautiful Lake Michigan and Lincoln Park, Ascension Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago in the Lakeview neighborhood is an academic hospital that's home to experienced doctors with a passion for providing exceptional patient care. The hospital also hosts several centers of nationally recognized care, including the Chicago Institute of Advanced Bariatrics, the Mark M. Connolly Center for Cancer and Specialty Care and the Diamond Headache Clinic.
What You Will Do:
Deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Perform scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Perform circulating functions including monitoring, recording, and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during, and after procedure.
- Directly assist operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing, and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepare operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Illinois Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Illinois, one of the largest health systems in Illinois, with 15 hospitals and over 150 sites of care, serves over 6.6 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area. A career at Ascension means you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all.
Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electornic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more inforamtion.