Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an opportunity for Retrofit Project Manager on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension.
This position will be a total of 36 hours per week, with hours from 09:00am - 17:00pm.
To lead on the project management of the Housing Retrofit/Climate Change Programme.
To lead on a varied set of projects that will arise from numerous workstreams across the Programme.
To assist in the development and delivery of the energy improvement programme, including the ECO4 funded works.
The role sits within the PMO Team of the Housing Capital Programme and the role includes monitoring and control of projects and to assist in developing the programme structure. You will also be required to work closely with the Retrofit Lead and Programme Lead.
The Retrofit Project Manager will ensure the Retrofit Programme delivers a high quality service to its residents whilst adhering to all contractual and regulatory requirements. You will be required to support the growth of the Retrofit works by working with key members of Housing Services, including the Repairs Maintenance Team and other services within the council.
Job Specific Accountabilities:
Initially, you will be working with the Head of the Capital Programme in setting up the Programme and initial projects by:
- Building relationships with current and prospective Programme Members and stakeholders in order to set the programme up for success
- Creating the business and financial model for each project to ensure it stays within budget
- Work with the Retrofit Lead to identify resident needs and work with the Resident Engagement Team to create campaigns and resident support programmes, pre, during and post works
- Provide governance and assurance to ensure all projects are being led appropriately
And have responsibility for delivering the projects by:
- Driving all aspects of the projects towards successful implementation and hitting the targets set for the council's housing stock
- Ensuring residents' satisfaction are met and all compliance is adhered to
- Ensuring all key milestones are delivered on time and on budget
- Ensuring all risks are monitored and reported
- Ensuring projects are PAS 2035 compliant
Knowledge, Qualifications and Experience:
- Expert project management knowledge
- Risk management knowledge and experience
- Organised approach to project management
- Creative, innovative approach to problem solving
- Effective relationship manager
- An understanding of Retrofit/Climate Change in the context of social housing
- Awareness of PAS 2035 requirements
- PRINCE2 or similar qualification in project management
Desirable experience: -
- Social housing experience: asset management
- Construction experience
- Construction contract management experience
- Ability to review, analyse and benchmark energy performance
- Ability to identify potential technical solutions
- Retrofit Coordinator training or other similar energy related qualifications and awareness
- Good IT skills, including MS Suite of programmes
- Ability to write and prepare contract documentation with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work to deadlines
- A self-starter able to work on own initiative and make an immediate impact
- Good stakeholder engagement
- Resident focused approach
- Problem solver
Personal style & Behaviour: -
- Ability to communicate effectively to a varied customer and stakeholder base
- Ability to present and communicate complex issues
- Commitment to promote equal opportunities
- A collaborative team player
Other special requirements: -
- Ability to work in a flexible working environment: working for the office some days and working from home on other days
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance and direction