An exciting opportunity as arisen in our Restructuring Advisory team in Birmingham or Leicester.
You will have the opportunity to develop a breadth of commercial skills and experience across advisory and formal insolvency assignments within the team. The primary focus of the role is based in the Birmingham and wider Central region, however we operate a national advisory practice so the successful candidate may be required to travel anywhere in the UK to undertake assignments. The role will involve attending marketing events and working with the Partners and Directors to help them with their marketing and business objectives.
Our new colleague will be responsible for the following (but not limited to):
- Complete assignments in accordance with the Firm's standard Advisory procedures and where relevant statutory obligations, and to confirm arrangements with the client, company, or appointer, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Work closely alongside other Restructuring Advisory staff to plan and execute insolvency assignments, and manage appropriate insolvency cases as required, in accordance with the Firm's standard procedures and relevant statutory and regulatory obligations. Guidance will be provided throughout but this may involve some of the following:
- Assisting and supporting the Restructuring Advisory Core team and providing training and support to colleagues within the team.
- Preparing and seeking approval of engagement letters and ancillary documents
- Completion of KPI's for Partner / Director approval
- Ensuring assigned diary lines are completed in accordance with RA Core compliance standards
- Reviewing documents and approval of manager approval of payments across IPS and Virtual Cabinet.
- General case administration including raising bills.
- Understanding the challenges currently being faced by the client and developing solutions alongside the Partner/Director and other Restructuring Advisory staff
- Implementing solutions through insolvency procedures as appropriate, including but not limited to Company Voluntary Arrangements, Administrations, Creditors Voluntary Liquidations and Compulsory Liquidations
- Consulting with the newly formed Restructuring Delivery Team on pre-appointment Creditors Voluntary Liquidation matters
- Dealing with all pre-appointment matters on Administration and Compulsory Liquidation insolvency appointments
- Attendance at initial meetings on site with the client and other Restructuring Advisory staff
- Analysing and challenging information received from the client, or checking back to source documentation
- Implementing those solutions, which may involve for example sale of business tasks e.g. accelerated merger and acquisition processes, drafting sale documentation/ preparing lists of interested parties/ liaison with agents / provision of information to interested parties etc, bilateral creditor negotiations, debt restructuring
- Assisting with the trading of insolvent businesses
- Asset realisations including debt recovery
- Preparation of reports for secured creditors
- Complex investigations, including SIP2 reviews and litigation work as required
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the Line Manager or Head of Department.
Personal and professional qualitiesOur new colleague will ideally be ACCA / ACA (or equivalent) qualified with previous experience in a similar role and be able to perform a lead role in insolvency assignments and support advisory assignments, including pre-insolvency work. This will require an individual with very good quality technical, analytical, and report writing abilities as well as strong interpersonal skills. To be successful in this position you will also need to have:
- Experience in building and managing stakeholder relationships both with internal colleagues and external clients.
- Proven experience of either preparation of financial information and/or ability to analyse the information.
- Experience in Restructuring Advisory and/or Insolvency in a similar role and CPI qualified would be an advantage.
- Strong organisational and time management skills and able to demonstrate a strong commercial outlook.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Commitment to high quality delivery within agreed timeframes.
- Strong organisational and time management skills essential
Flexible WorkingAt RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSMAt RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.