Recruitment and HR Officer
Holistic Community Care is the lead company in a group of companies operating in the homecare sector, where trained care workers attend to the needs of older and disabled people in their own homes. Holistic is one of the most well-established homecare companies in the UK. It currently provides thousands of hours' worth of care on a weekly basis to several local authorities and private clients in London and the South-East.
An excellent opportunity for a Recruitment and HR Officer has emerged in the modern Clapham headquarters of this well-established and expanding domiciliary care agency.
Reporting to the Head of Operations and working closely with senior client facing staff, the Recruitment and HR Officer will act as a trusted business partner to support the group's operational activity. You will be responsible for the group's recruitment of care workers and will line manage the Recruitment and Office Assistant. You will also coordinate human resource activities, such as employment, recruitment, compensation, labour relations, benefits and employee services, by performing the following duties (please note that this list is not exhaustive):
- Delivering on the recruitment, interviewing, testing and selection of employees to fill vacant positions.
- Compiling weekly reports consisting of data on the number of job applicants, number of interviews, number of hires etc.
- Providing administrative support for disciplinary and grievance proceedings.
- Serving as a link between management, employees and candidates by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts and helping resolve work-related issues.
- Conducting exit interviews and analysing trends.
- Standing in for the Recruitment and Office Assistant in their absence, particularly with regard to recruitment activity.
- Providing current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Consulting external advisors to ensure that policies comply with all relevant law and regulations.
- Administering the company's online benefits' programs, such as "Carefriends".
- Informally hearing and resolving employee grievances; counselling employees and supervisors.
- Maintaining professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
Previous experience of recruitment is essential. Previous experience of Human Resources is desirable. Experience in the health and social care sector and/or of recruitment processes generally would be an advantage, however, such experience is not a requirement.
Profile for the Recruitment and HR Officer
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- Previous office experience within a busy company
- Intermediate level or above Microsoft Offices skills, including Word and Excel.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and a joy to work with
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and take direction
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
Applications for the Recruitment and HR Officer
Along with their CV, applicants should submit a covering letter, which describes how their skills and experience are suited to the position. An indication of the applicant's current remuneration should also be included.
Those candidates selected for interview will be informed by email. If you do not hear from us within 7 working days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
- £27,000 per annum
- Childcare vouchers
- Training Opportunities
- Workplace Pension
- Referral bonus scheme