We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO has relied on quant strategies combined with fundamental analysis to drive alpha in fixed income for three decades. That success led us to expand our quant capabilities to currencies, commodities and equities over the last 15 years. To this day, we continue to look for people who are passionate about data-driven research who want to build on our expansive quant capabilities and break ground on exciting new initiatives. Dedicated to supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We strive to heighten our employees' appreciation for diverse perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent.
PIMCO is seeking a senior quantitative developer to join the PM-Analytics Portfolio Engineering team and be passionate about developing valuation tools for Quant researchers, Portfolio Managers and fundamental analysts. You will be a key contributor to the design and delivery of solutions with a focus on enhancing integration of front office analytical tools with the firm's quantitative platform. As a senior quantitative developer in our Newport Beach office, you will interact directly with our Portfolio Managers and quantitative researchers. Our ideal candidate will be enthusiastic about quantitative methods in the financial industry, technology, and impactful delivery. Responsibilities
- You will participate in the re-design and cloud based implementation of a critical application supporting our Credit Desk.
- Work closely with quants and portfolio managers to implement, deploy and support front office analytical tools.
- Gain deep understanding of PIMCO's data and infrastructure platforms and contribute to their ongoing improvements.
- You will conduct design and review sessions with collaborators, project managers, and developers.
- Troubleshoot data and/or software issues and be able to rapidly implement fixes.
- Provide timely and proactive support to end users.
- Work collaboratively with technologists, traders and other researchers to build robust trading software solutions.
- Quantitative Master's degree (financial engineering or other technically demanding program such as theoretical physics or math) is preferred.
- 5 years of experience with Python (C#, C++, or Java a plus) and relational databases are required.
- Experience in the financial industry preferred.
- Able to work independently, handle multiple tasks, and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in investment management, quantitative finance and software design.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office