Purchase Ledger Clerk - Chelmsford - Salary up to £27,000
We are looking for an experienced Purchase Ledger Clerk for one of our clients based in Chelmsford.
Reporting to the Financial Director, you will be responsible for the administration and accounting of purchases and payments.
As a Purchase Ledger Clerk your responsibilities will include:
- Update supplier accounts by matching invoices with payments made
- Maintain good supplier records, update terms and payment records
- Reconcile supplier accounts including agent and contra accounts
- Regularly review supplier statements against entries on the system to identify invoices not yet received, requesting copies where applicable
- Obtain approvals to facilitate payment
- Set up and make regular payments via bankline (on-line banking) daily, weekly, monthly
- Process and pay ad-hoc & urgent payments daily
- Send remittances
- Register all invoices on FCL to obtain an 'S Reference'
- Ensure invoices are checked against estimates and passed in the system accurately
- Re-distribute unpassed invoices to other business units and request authorisation
- Address any discrepancies or issues that arise with purchase invoices
- Escalate potentially unresolved issues to Operations/Finance team in a timely manner so a swift resolution can be identified
- Reconcile foreign Currency supplier accounts, understand the impact of losses and gains
- Regularly run various purchase ledger reports, raising issues where necessary
- File Purchase Ledger invoices
- Support day-to-day finance functions as and when required
- Work together with the Purchase Ledger team, act as cover for fellow colleagues
- Assist with month-end duties and the year-end tax and audit queries
- Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department
The ideal Purchase Ledger Clerk must have strong (intermediate) Excel skills (SUMIF, Vlooups, Basic Pivot), and experience of high volume accounts.
This role offers the successful Purchase Ledger Clerk the option of hybrid working.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well respected logistics company. Please apply TODAY!