Position Purpose The Product Marketing Manager (PMM) executes the delivery of assigned MiHIN, Velatura Public Benefit Corporation, and Interoperability Institute product(s) and/or service solution(s), to customers. These will include a variety from our healthcare products suite. A successful candidate manages the product throughout its lifecycle (conception through end-of-life), product vision, strategy, roadmap, and marketing. The PMM will gather, manage, and prioritize market insight and analysis via the conduction of usability studies and other research means. This information will be used in the creation of product requirement documents, the launch of new and innovative product features, as well as product enhancements.
The PMM works in a highly cohesive and focused collaborative environment with other members of the organization. This includes supporting software development by managing and prioritizing the list of work to be done by the development team in each Agile-light sprint cycle. At the end of each sprint, the product manager is responsible for verifying that the acceptance criteria have been met. Additionally, the PMM will work closely with representatives from Finance, Marketing, PMO, and Operations.
This is a full-time position where days and hours can vary Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM with occasional after-hours work needed.
Primary job duties and responsibilities:
- Provide comprehensive business leadership and ownership of the assigned product/portfolio throughout the lifecycle, inclusive of the strategy, execution, growth, and sunset phases; This will include a set of healthcare related products
- Develop product strategy and roadmaps for assigned product or portfolio by analyzing product performance, identifying and filling product gaps, and generating new ideas that grow market share, improve client experience, and drive growth
- Proactively lead planning, execution, and ultimately success in delivery of on-time, high-quality products
- Assimilate and synthesize multiple inputs for possible product direction into a set of priorities based on existing business goals and specifications
- Conduct market research to discover, assess, and quantify business opportunities for the assigned portfolio
- Develop strategies to collect and integrate the voice of the customer feedback into product plans as well as identifying market trends
- Identify how our products fit within the provider workflow
- Define and author product specifications to be used by product development teams in the implementation and delivery of product initiatives
- Assist marketing and development teams with writing and producing client-facing product documentation and launch materials
- Run beta or pilot programs during the products qualifying phase
- Draft, update, and maintain all product documentation including but not limited to product-market plan, roadmap, and budget
- Define the product cost, associated pricing, as well as the development of product quotes and manage profit and loss of the product
- Routinely communicate product status, progress, and percent completion of deliverables, resource utilization, including labor and funding, and high-level schedule(s) to executive management and related team members
- Ensure that necessary persons (staff, vendors, and stakeholders) are included in meetings to accomplish the agenda, goals and the products milestones or deliverables
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact to facilitate communication and coordinate product activities
- Help manage and track the work of MiHIN approved vendors and vendor contracts, including developing and monitoring vendor Statements of Work (SOWs) and vendor deliverables
- Work with external third-party organizations to assess strategic partnerships and licensing opportunities
- Provide product, or product market trend responses, to Requests for Proposals
- Prepare special product reports upon request from the MiHIN Executive Director, Associate Director, or Board
- Effectively communicate and respond timely via email, telephone, and formal writing
- Mentor, coach, train, and delegate project tasks to Product Managers, Product Specialists, Project Managers, Business Analysts, Interns, etc.
- Responsible for leading marketing needs and tracking and understanding Sales pipelines.
- Market and sell directly inclusive of conferences/tradeshows
- Up to 20% travel may be required to effectively market products in new markets in and outside of the State of MI
- All other duties as assigned
- Ensure that Information MiHIN produces, maintains, stores, or transmits remains secure through adherence to MiHIN's Security Policies and Procedures
Qualifications Required qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and 4 - 6 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated success in defining and launching products that meet and exceed business objectives, specifically in the healthcare related product space
- Subject matter expertise in health information technology, health information exchanges, federal HIT programs, and/or clinical healthcare setting
- Thorough knowledge of product management methods, techniques, and tools
- Hands on workflow experience that includes provider office and/or other health care stakeholder operations
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, communication (written and verbal English), and organizational skills with high attention to detail and task completion orientation
- Ability to work independently, or under supervision, and to multitask when several work products are required
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Prior experience with large scale information technology projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook essential; superior skills in MS Excel desired
- Masters Degree
- Prior experience with both large corporations and/or small startup organizations in high tech, and/or public sector
- Experience with Agile Product Management
- Familiarity with continuous process improvement methodologies
- Experience in the successful launch of multiple products to market with a demonstrated strong return on investment
- Pleasant to work with and patient
Direct reports: The person in this position may manage interns or contractors.
At MiHIN, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer who recognizes that our diversity is our greatest strength. We draw on the differences in who we are, what we've experienced, and how we think to best serve our stakeholders and our communities.
Because our family of companies serve everyone, we believe in including everyone. This means we strive to hire qualified employees that are diverse in thinking and in race, gender, gender identity and/or gender expression, age, religion or belief, sexual orientation, physical, mental, or sensory disability, citizenship, family or partnership status, socio-economic upbringing, and more.
We believe diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.