Production operative - Wakefield
Working hours: 07:00-15:30 Mon to Thurs or 6:00 -14.30, 07:00-14:30 or 06:00-13.30 Fri, (30 minutes daily unpaid break)
Pay - £11.17/p/h
Temporary ongoing contract.
PURPOSE OF ROLE JOB:
To work as a member of a team, manufacturing specific products according to the Company s standards and requirement, in accordance with written procedures, complying with safety regulations and quality requirements and working within the company s Environmental Permit consents.
Demonstrate the ability to identify and report problems. Assist in actions for continuous improvement.
Be flexible in your approach to duties in accordance with the requirements of the business.
- Operate a manual production process, split into two discrete parts, sublimation (continuous) and processing of the solid crystalline product.
- Record specific production parameters and adjust production controls accordingly.
- Operate blending equipment to produce product to specific requirements.
- Monitor, record and report the condition of process equipment within the working plant area to identify defects and enable repairs by the maintenance teams to be performed in a timely manner.
- Isolate, decontaminate and prepare plant equipment in line with the requirements specified in the Permit to Work (PTW), to ensure equipment/plant is in a safe condition for maintenance/repair personnel to work on.
- Maintain the cleanliness of process equipment.
- Ensure the housekeeping standards of the plant area meet the Company requirements.
- Complete all necessary paperwork covering plant condition, plant safety, production data and routine recording of specified parameters, inputting any required data on to the Company computer system where required.
- Work with and support your own as well as other departments within the business in order to achieve departmental and organisational objectives.
- Communicate clearly and concisely to others, whether written or verbal, in order that expectations are understood.
- Take an active interest in personal development, recognising your own strengths and weaknesses and areas for improvement.
- Routinely manage your workload and ensure actions are completed within the required timescales.
- Always maintain excellent standards of housekeeping.
- Report any concerns to your line manager without delay.
- For self and others, ensure compliance with all internal processes and procedures and routinely identify and implement document review as and when necessary to ensure appropriateness and effectiveness.
- Seek and respond to feedback.
- Respect and support the decisions and work of colleagues.
- Admit failure or mistake openly without apportioning blame elsewhere.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND PRE-REQUISITES
- Experience working within an industrial manufacturing environment
- Willing to do physically intensive work
- Excellent level of English language, both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and time-management abilities