SmartBank Associates enjoy an AMAZING benefits package including:
- Comprehensive benefits- medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- SmartFlex Days
- Up to 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Incentive Program
- Mental Health Benefits Including 8 Free sessions with a coach or certified professional
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Company apparel provided at no cost
- Community involvement opportunities
We are looking for associates who are energetic and can deliver on our values everyday!
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act with Integrity
- Be Enthusiastic
- Create Positivity
- Demonstrate Accountability
- Embrace Change
Ideal candidates for the role will include:
- Adheres to and embraces the SmartBank Way by Acting Smart, Looking Smart and Being Smart.
- Meets with prospects and existing clients regarding new loan requests, deposit accounts, and/or other products and services that provide a solution to the clients' needs.
- Completes each loan application and all pre-processing functions in a timely manner. Gathers related financial and general business information, performs financial analyses needed to make credit decisions, participates in team credit decisions, and communicates with prospects and customers to close sales.
- Screens loan request based on financial institution policies and on types of loans offered by the institution. Communicates the need to order appraisals, credit reports, background checks, reference checks and other information as needed to the Loan Administrator on loan applicants.
- Responsible to monitor overall profitability of relationships and negotiates terms, fees, and structures to the mutual benefit of the client and SmartBank.
- Evaluates potential customer loan requests and makes loan recommendations to management. Reviews new laws and regulations that influence business lending within the financial institution and makes recommendations to management when necessary.
- Develops and retains customers, meeting with prospects and customers of moderate size and complexity in a designated region to achieve sales goal under limited supervision of more experienced personnel. Makes calls independently and may accompany more experienced personnel on larger account visits.
- Seeks to create full banking relationships: loans, deposits, treasury management, investment services, merchant services, and any other service the Bank may offer that meets the needs of the client or prospect.
- Based on the communicated sales goals, the Private Banker strives for a balanced approach to lending, deposit gathering, mortgage referrals, and fee income generation.
- Proactively manages client relationship, including monitoring of overdrafts and past due loan accounts, and supports loan assistants and branch associates with exception clearing.
- Continues developing growing network of outside referral sources for new business and develops new customer prospects and business for the financial institution.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
- Bachelor's Degree in business, finance, or management preferred
- 5-10 years experience in banking or related field required
- 3+ years in Private Banking preferred
- Graduate School of Banking preferred
- TBA Lending School of Consumer Lending preferred
- RMA- Credit Risk Certification preferred
A career at SmartBank is more than just a job, it is a family where values are upheld and hard work is recognized. Our SmartBank team of associates are trustworthy, loyal and innovative. We have been supporting our customers for over 10 years in Tennessee, Alabama, and Florida and are continuing to grow. We empower our associates to treat our customers with care and to be involved in the communities we support. We build exceptional value by fostering a work environment that respects individual needs, establishes high expectations and recognizes achievement - It is the SmartBank way.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)