Our prestigious client based in Reading has an exciting opportunity to join their growing business as a People Development Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to support the business by enabling its people to be the best that they can be. Working closely with the Senior Management & key stakeholders the People Development Manager will be instrumental in managing, motivating, and developing their people.
The People Development Manager will ensure that the company values, vision, and strategy are delivered through the successful running of the people & performance functions within their allocated remit. This will involve the recruitment, development, and retention of staff.
People Development Managers are expected to get to know their team members and build a strong rapport, they must be able to gain an understanding of what is important to an individual.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in people management and will be passionate about creating a truly vibrant and people led culture where our people can thrive.
- Working with Senior Managers assess current and future staffing needs
- Work with the People Operations Manager with recruitment requirements & the candidate selection process
- Ensure succession and development plans are up to date for key roles and the company continues to attract and retain the best talent
- Undertake regular 1-2-1's to ensure continual communication & strong rapport building
- Undertake all formal review meetings in line with the company process.
- Draft, review, and agree personal development plans (PDP).
- Discuss and review personal objectives and proposed KPIs
- Working with the Lead Partners to identify any technical requirements and provide/recommend coaching.
- Assist the Learning & Development Manager in the compilation of training needs following appraisal meetings
- Develop and demonstrate empathy towards employees who are facing tough professional or personal issues. Understand Vail Williams' Positive Health and Wellbeing Strategy to help towards supporting our people
- Management of staff within remit, liaising with the Head of People & Culture and Regional Managing Partners as required
- In conjunction with the People & Culture Team, provide appropriate outcomes to employee relations issues in compliance with all business processes and employment law legislation
- Ensure awareness of, and adhere, to company policies and procedures
- Encourage any process and system improvements to aid better working practices
- Passionate about culture and people
- Extensive experience in people management and career development
- Hands on, team player with confidence to build relationships with the business and other stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills, agile to adjust to other people's needs and achieve impact through others
- Strong analytical skills, with an ability to see the commercial implications of actual and planned activities, adding value to leadership decisions
- Ability to challenge and influence key decision makers with a professional, yet assertive and confident approach
- A self-motivated person who can manage multiple tasks without hesitation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to effectively consult and support multiple managers within the business
- High levels of emotional intelligence and adaptable communication style
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Travel outside of operational region will be required
- Experience working in a multisite regional environment desirable