Job DetailsJob Location
Traffic Solutions - Santa Ana, CASUMMARY
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for coordinating, administering, and reconciling the weekly payroll; determine time worked, calculate payroll, and maintain payroll database. Role qualifications
- Must maintain current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Must maintain current on Payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Must facilitate management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Multi-state prevailing wage knowledge
- Certified payroll/compliance knowledge
- Problem resolution
- Process improvement
- Customer service
- Other duties as necessary.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics
- Manage payroll process and perform accounting-related tasks:
- Compile payroll data such as garnishments, vacation time, insurance and 401(k) deductions.
- Poll electronic time clocks (E-time software) and review the downloaded information for completeness and accuracy.
- Contact various department supervisors for any missed times.
- Process weekly transfer of payroll data to Paycom/Paylocity.
- Pull many internal management reports from HRIS software
- Analyzes, prepares, and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides General Ledger support.
- Is responsible for other duties assigned by management.
- Planning and organization an ability to plan and manage multiple projects
- Strong customer orientation
- Attention to detail
- Problem analysis and problem resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High performance teams and a strong team player
- Computer proficiency
High degree of accuracy and exactness is extremely important in the performance of this job. To accomplish work activities, the payroll specialist must be able to communicate effectively with team members, supervisors, and business partners among different levels of the organization, Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to fifteen pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all laws prohibiting discrimination against employees and applicants based on race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other protected classifications under applicable law. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems complies with all federal government contracting laws and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for qualified employees and applicants, such as women, minorities, persons with disabilities and certain groups of veterans. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, and training, working conditions, compensation and benefits. Traffic Solutions Corp., d.b.a. Statewide Safety Systems policies and practices reflect our commitment to nondiscrimination in all areas of employment, including contracting opportunities for vendors and suppliers.