Payroll and Pensions Assistant
Full Time Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm (earlier start/finish times agreeable)
£24,000 per annum
- To assist in providing a complete, efficient and accurate payroll service for the organisation
- Resolving queries both internal and external regarding payroll elements
- Ensuring email enquiries response in a timely manner
- Maintaining payroll records for employees including starters, leavers and contract changes
- Processing changes and reporting on statutory deductions
- Communication with, and preparation of reports to pension and other external providers
- Completion of returns and employee notifications
- Completion of surveys on a periodic basis
- Support in preparation of internal and external reporting
- Deputising for the Payroll Manager as required
- Maintaining record systems and filing of required documentation
- Support the wider Finance Department as required.
- Preparation of information for, and support during annual audit
- To complete special projects and ad hoc requests, as required
- To assist the Head of Finance and Payroll Manager when necessary
Skill Set Required
- Experience in a similar role with high volume processing and tight deadlines.
- Experience with an Industry standard payroll system.
- Experience in Payroll reconciliations and Reporting.
- MS Office savvy.
- Completed or studying for a qualification, such as CIPP. (Desirable)
- Excellent communication skills with all relevant client groups, both internally and externally.
- Well organised with the ability to prioritise work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Confident, self-motivated and proactive.
- Enthusiastic with the ability to learn.
- Honest, polite, reliable, resourceful, flexible, punctual and committed.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.