Sellick Partnership are currently assisting in the recruitment of a Payments Assistant to join a large housing association in Sunderland.
The overall purpose of the Payments Assistant will be to input and match invoices to allow for timely and effective payments to suppliers. The Payments Assistant will deal with day to day enquiries to ensure uninterrupted supply from suppliers.
Responsibilities of the Payments Assistant will include:
- Receive, check and input/scan purchase invoices and credit notes to the finance system and liaise with suppliers and staff to ensure the prompt and efficient payment of invoices
- Match approved invoices against Goods Received
- Reconcile supplier statements, obtaining copy invoices where required and follow up any queries on a timely basis
- Open, prioritise and action the incoming post on a daily basis ensuring agreed procedures and deadlines are met
- Deal with disputed invoices, internal and external enquiries and complaints on a timely basis
- Assist in the achievement of targets for payment of invoices within agreed procedures
The ideal candidate will:
- Be computer literate with an awareness of financial and accounting procedures
- Analyse and interpret large volumes of data at speed and with accuracy to achieve outcomes by required deadlines often under pressure
- Work within a team and independently
- Have experience with purchase ledger systems
We encourage interested applicants to apply immediately to be considered for short listing. Alternatively, should you require further information or wish to discuss your suitability before applying please contact Ellie Turner in our Newcastle office for a confidential discussion
Do you know someone who is looking for a new job? Why not recommend them to Sellick Partnership and earn up to £1,000?
For every friend or colleague you refer that is placed by us, we will give you £100 worth of vouchers. If you refer more than one candidate to us within a 12 month period we will increase your reward accordingly. T&Cs apply, please see our website for further details.
Sellick Partnership is a market leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and circumstances, including underrepresented and disadvantaged groups and those with disabilities. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. If you do not hear from us within 48 hours please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.