- Responsible for performing all job duties in a way that conforms to our customer service philosophy and consistent with our AIDET standards
- When creating new registrations for walk-in patients, responsible for the identifying insurance coverage, the benefits available, patient out-of-pocket expenses, and collecting co-insurance and co-payments.
- Responsible for security authorization and precertification of inpatient and outpatient services.
- Responsible the pre-registration and registration accuracy.
- Participates in departmental team building activities and in services and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by leader.
- High School Diploma with 2 years of experience in either Patient Access or any of the following related experience; general physician office support or billing office, insurance office, hospitality, or call center (any industry) Intermediate math skills acquired through classroom work or through work experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Typing 25 WPM Basic understanding of web-based systems, proficiency in data entry
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload Sophisticated interviewing, communication, and negotiation skills Independent decision-making Ability to work hours that verify based on needs of the organization including evenings, weekends, and holidays. ility to work as a team member
Addendum: In addition to the Accountabilities and Job Activities outlined in Sects. I. A. - I. D. of the Position Description for Patient Access Registrar the following accountabilities and job activities are applicable for registrars staffed at offsite imaging centers: E. Performs additional activities that facilitate patient flow and transition from registration to the clinical testing area including: 1. Performs Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) for exams accurately and completely to transcribe written physician orders. Seeks clarification from technician and physician if needed. 2. Performs light duty cleaning of changing areas as needed. 3. Prints patient's results CDs when required and distributes finished exam results CD to patient while complying with application HIPAA considerations. 4. Escorts patients to changing areas as needed.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.