We are recruiting a part time Credit Control Administrator to support a busy team with a successful business in Lowestoft. The role sits within the credit department of this high-profile employer with a great reputation for having a people culture focused on teamwork and reward. Supporting the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for chasing and collecting outstanding debts by ensuring clients receive correct information and pay to terms, whilst building effective relationships. Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain effective contact with customers to ensure invoices are paid in accordance with terms.
- Produce and review customer reports to ensure payment can be made without dispute.
- Demonstrate pro-active approach to resolving account queries by focusing on cause, not solely symptoms.
- Provide accurate periodic cash flow forecasts.
- Maintain effective communications with internal and external teams, dealing with queries and highlighting where process improvements can be made.
- Ensure effective controls are in place.
- Maintain procedure notes.
- Monitor and evaluate processes and suggest improvements where needed.
- Contribute to ensuring effective corporate governance, risk management and internal controls.
- Other ad-hoc duties are necessary as directed by your line manager.
We are looking for candidates with strong administration skills, very high attention to detail, and candidates who enjoy problem solving. You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and high levels of Excel knowledge. Previous sales ledger and credit control experience would be advantageous, however, candidates with general accounting knowledge looking to specialise will also be considered.