Outsourced Accounting Cost Accounting Manager
Looking to work at a firm that encourages a work life balance?
Withum is a forward-thinking, technology-driven advisory and accounting firm, helping clients to Be in a Position of Strength SM in today's modern business landscape. Withum empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their accounting, tax and overall business management needs. Withum is a place where talent thrives. We recruit only the best and brightest people, with a genuine passion for the business.
Withum's Outsourced Accounting Systems and Services (OASyS) team is seeking an Outsourced Accounting Manager with a Cost Accounting focus to join our growing team in any of our US Office locations. They will oversee and work together with staff and senior team members to service a wide range of companies and supply chain industries (manufacturing, distribution, cannabis, construction, and consumer products). Are you a proven problem solver with a knack for numbers? Are you dedicated, hardworking and a great team player? If so, this position may be for you!
Withum's brand is a reflection of our people, our culture and our strength. Withum has become synonymous with teamwork and client service excellence. The cornerstone of our success can truly be accredited to the dedicated professionals who work here every day, whose mission is to help our clients grow and thrive - to be in a position of strength. But our commitment goes beyond our clients as we continue to live the Withum Way , promoting personal and professional growth for all team members, clients, and surrounding communities.
How You'll Share Your Expertise:
- Developing cost standards for materials, labor, and overhead
- Overseeing timely and accurate month-end cost accounting and inventory management close responsibilities
- Reviewing financial reports & analysis for product profitability, standard costing variances, and inventory valuation
- Performing business analysis and preparing periodical / ad hoc reports to support business decisions and to improve business performance / profitability (e.g., cost / benefit analysis of expenditures, lease vs buy scenarios, sensitivity analysis of volatile raw material prices, labor and overhead)
- Preparing the related reports (e. g. P&L, Capital and operational expenditures, risk, scenario and presentation) and coordinating all involved parties; ensuring link between top-down targets and bottom-up planning; conducting gap analysis between actual and planned data
- Building and supervising a team of cost and inventory accounting staff
- Evaluating and researching inventory valuation methodologies for clients to consider and assist in the implementation
- Working with our ERP Implementation team, consult on the design of cost accounting systems
- Budgeting / Cash flow forecasting
- Working with Client Leadership
The Kinds of People We Want to Talk to Have Many of The Following:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferable but not required
- 4 to 7+ years of operational and accounting experience
- Industry experience in any of the following: manufacturing, distribution, cannabis, wholesale and retail
- Outstanding communication skills
- Preferably experience with Intacct Accounting System, QBO, and/or NetSuite Accounting Systems
- Experience with key financial metrices, including operational and capital expenditures and inventory costing
Withum will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because they are a protected veteran.