As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
WM, a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
This intermediate level Business Analyst supports the Functional Ownership of the assigned applications that include but are not limited to: Oracle module(s) and is responsible to work with their Domain Lead/Product Owner in partnering with the Department and Center of Excellence Leader to consult, innovate, enhance and/or deliver technology solutions to the organization.
The Business Analyst will work with the Domain Lead/Product Owner and the Function and/or Center of Excellence leaders (e.g. Finance, Accounting, People, Recruiting, Payroll, Treasury, Tax, Shared Services, etc.) to understand the business requirements, vision, system issues and recommend a solution that will meet their short and/or long-term needs. Acts as liaison between business, functional team and application support. He/she will need to challenge existing solutions and work with the Domain Lead/Product Owner in enhancing systems with an emphasis on user experience, simplification, automation, performance, and standardization. Generally, provides functional input for application/vendor support of an intermediate level of complexity. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- With the Domain Lead/Product Owner, supports the design and testing of the system with a focus on business objectives and end user experience.
- Reviews release notes and vendor published sites to keep current and recommend solutions to resolve issues. May log enhancement requests or "vote" for enhancements.
- Facilitates design sessions on items of intermediate level of complexity, supports the review and development of design specs and configuration iterations, participating in the solution and validating/approving prior to deployment.
- Analyzes impact of configuration, Fast Formulas, and extensions to service delivery, downstream systems and integrations. Provides input in meetings to resolve priority issues.
- Continuously develops and advances knowledge of assigned application(s) utilizing vendor websites, user groups and training to effectively utilize system capabilities. May mentor less experienced team members and is recognized for working knowledge.
- Support the request for proposal (RFP) process working closely with the application support team, Domain Lead/Product Owner and Finance/People functions leaders.
- Gathers, documents, conducts assessments on requests, develops and analyzes functional requirements of an intermediate level of complexity - to make recommendations for config, reporting, and/or integrations. Interaction with senior management (Sr. Directors, VPs) is typically in conjunction with Domain Lead/Product Owner.
- Follows and may make suggestions to any established requirements gathering process. Coordinates with configurators, QA (Digital) and Technical team.
- Coordinates and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing. Provides support with required screen shots and system steps for testing and change management. Supports User Acceptance testing by developing test scenarios/cases and ensuring testers have necessary information and access for testing.
- Provides support for integrations, reports, and large data imports/extractions of an intermediate level of complexity. Plans for and supports migrations, releases, upgrades and/or patches - mitigating risk/downstream impacts. Develops knowledge and on configuration, extensions and Fast Formulas. Engages Digital and vendor for support as necessary.
- Collaborates with Domain Lead/Product Owner, Process Owner and COE SMEs. Provides consultative advice on moderately complex issues to Finance/People functions and relevant detailed documentation.
- Actively participates in design sessions and provides input on design and configuration iterations.
- Analyzes current and proposed processes/systems. Makes recommendations on effectiveness and efficiency.
- Identify application changes and partners with the Domain Lead/Product Owner and PMO/CMO to support the creation of change impact materials (job aids, training, FAQs, communications, etc.).
- Assists with resolving "How To" questions and maintains relevant support materials with Knowledge Management and PMO team.
- No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education : Bachelors Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience : Two (2) years of experience supporting Technology Service Delivery (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Operations / business / financial knowledge : Working knowledge and understanding of WMs operations and service capabilities, or an ability to become a quick study, that translates this knowledge into practical and impactful features that add value to our customers without contributing to inefficiency for the business.
- Technology support experience : Track record of administration, upgrading and enhancing business process solutions. The successful candidate will have experience across several technologies including or similar applications to Oracle cloud, OneStream, Hyperion, Coupa, Kronos/UKG.
- Can do & imagine if mindset : A proactive, can-do mindset that enables independent definition and pursuit of opportunity, combined with a creative what if persona that pushes the candidate to think out-of-the-box and venture into unproven territory.
- Collaboration : Ability to partner with stakeholders (e.g. Digital, Finance, People, Area) and other functions for the success of the Company and project focusing on the greater good of the Company, its employees and customers.
- Communication : Strong oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to synthesize and tailor moderately complex material into simple and easily digestible content by experts and non-experts alike, including Corporate and Area stakeholders, and potentially the Senior Leadership Team. The successful candidate will have a track record of proactively speaking up and constructive dissent, where a contrarian opinion is held.
- Innovative : Ability to think big, innovative and drive change across the enterprise.
- Dispute resolution : Ability to combine all qualities above to resolve most day-to-day disputes independently and without more senior level support. Demonstrates problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Value-added innovation track record : Track record of demonstrative examples identifying, developing and implementing novel solutions with clear impact. This includes taking calculated risks and being prone to experimenting with new concepts.
- Fact and data-driven approach : Track record of relying on facts and data to drive action, as opposed to over-relying on instinct, gut feel, experience or opinion. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to use data, to overcome confirmation bias thereby ensuring the right decision is ultimately made even where counterintuitive.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
- Must be available to work standard business hours, as well as be available to work non-standard hours in case of emergency (natural disasters, power outages, etc.). May need to attend after-hours calls with the offshore team.
At WM, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays..... click apply for full job details