Desktop Metal (NYSE: DM) is pioneering a new generation of additive manufacturing technologies focused on the production of end-use parts. We offer a portfolio of integrated additive manufacturing solutions for engineers, designers and manufacturers comprised of hardware, software, materials and services. Our solutions span use cases across the product life cycle, from product development to mass production and aftermarket operations, and they address an array of industries, including automotive, aerospace, healthcare, consumer products, heavy industry, machine design and research and development. At Desktop Metal, we believe additive manufacturing, commonly referred to as 3D printing, is one of the most exciting and transformational technology innovations of our time.
Desktop Metal was selected as one of the world's 30 most promising Technology Pioneers by World Economic Forum; named to MIT Technology Review's list of 50 Smartest Companies; named by the Boston Globe as one of the Best Places to Work in Boston and recognized among the most important innovations in engineering in Popular Science's "Best of What's New."
We are presently seeking an experienced and self-motivated Operations Program Manager to support our revenue production programs with our Global Supply Base. They will also be adaptable and able to thrive in a highly dynamic environment. The Operations Program Manager will be responsible to:
Basic Qualifications :
- As business & supply chain lead for revenue program(s), work cross functionally within Desktop Metal and externally with contract manufacturers and key suppliers to oversee the manufacturing and delivery of finished goods to our global distribution network
- Create and manage production schedules with contract manufacturers and suppliers to meet demand requirements
- Manage escalations associated with material shortages and quality issues from production teams to ensure appropriate resources are applied and manufacturing remains on time and within cost targets, developing and tracking key metrics
- Manage strategy for sourcing spare parts for customer service for program
- As business leader for production program, develop relationships with key suppliers and coordinate periodic business reviews
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) initiatives with planning, cost modeling, scheduling and sourcing strategy
- Identify and pursue cost reduction initiatives to optimize product margins
- Travel as required to meet with suppliers and production partners
Preferred Experience :
- At least 7 years of experience in project/program management in a production manufacturing environment
- Understanding of outsourced manufacturing model and previous experience working with contract manufacturers
- Superb communications skills
- Hands-on experience with enterprise PLM & ERP/MRP systems
- Proficiency across all MS Office / G-Suite applications
- Experience with Infor Syteline
- Experience with Oracle
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel
- Experience purchasing mechanical, electrical, and electronic commodities
- Creating, documenting and implementing business processes
At Desktop Metal, innovation is at the core of our DNA. And we believe ground-breaking discoveries are born from diverse teams with unique backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to employing a diverse workforce with equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or disability.